Dancing in the rain

Start from the beginning

"It's a constellation. My favorite one. It reminds me of you." I look at him, who's looking at the shape the stars made.

"Why's that?" His attention shifts to me, still resting on my chest like it's a pillow.

"Cause it kinda looks like your guitar." I smile and he makes a soft one, but I can tell he doesn't totally see it.

"Look." I sit up and Eddie lifts his head off of me, still holding me while I grab his notepad and flip to the last page without looking at any of the writings. I took the pen off it's side and drew out the constellation.

"See?" I show him, my spine slightly curved by him putting all his weight into leaning on me.

"That doesn't look like my guitar, sweetheart."

"It does to me." I make a face at him and he closes the notepad, sliding it away while I look back at the sky.

I feel his eyes on me and smile, "Eddie you're supposed to look at the view."

"You're a much better view, y/n."

He sits there and I feel his breath hitch, about to speak.

"You uh-"

"What's- never mind."

I look at him weirdly.

"Nevermind?"

"Nevermind."

"Wh-"

"Let me show you something." He cuts me off, grabbing my hand.

He holds onto my hand and squeezes it three times.

"You know what that means?" He asks me, looking into my eyes.

"No." I shake my head and he smiles slightly.

"It means 'I'" he squeezes once.

"Love" twice.

"You" a third time. I feel my lip stick out as I smile, overwhelmed by how cute that is.

"Oh my god Eddie you're so cute." I press my forehead onto his and look into his eyes, giving him a kiss while his other hand was still on my bare back, up my shirt, pressing me into the kiss.

"It's for times like when you're dancing at your wedding and one of you can't talk cause they're gonna cry, so they squeeze on the other's hand three times."

I widened my eyes at the analogy, my smile growing.

"Dancing at my wedding, huh?" I ask, trying not to squeak from the speed of my heartbeat.

"You know, just an example." He shrugs.

He lets go of my hand and slides it into the front of my shirt, resting it there.

"Ask me something." He speaks, the side of his face against my breast again.

"What's your biggest fear?"