My jaw tensed as I felt his murderous intent.

"Do you have any more demands or are we done here?" He asked, preparing to turn away.

"Actually..." I started.

"Enlighten me."

"I'd appreciate it if you referred to me by my actual name rather than pet names. Is that possible?"

"No. Now follow me, we are leaving," he stated simply.

I suppose I deserved that.

He grabbed his white suit jacket and slipped a few things to the inner pockets before heading for the door to which I stood in the way of.

"What are you doing? Move."

"Where are we going?" I asked firmly.

He sighed. "To your old lab! Exciting, yes? Now stop wasting time. Our carriage should be waiting already."

I allowed him to get through and followed behind him as he led the way to the exit. "But why are we going there?"

"To retrieve the core, love. Keep up."

"Don't you think your clone would've found it if it was in my lab?"

He stopped walking. "You mean it's not in your lab?"

"No, of course not. What do you take me for? An idiot?"

"Well, yes. I thought that was obvious," he said looking down at me with a smile.

I would've laughed but I'm petty and refuse to give him the pleasure of hearing such a delightful sound.

Instead I face palmed. "Ok you know what, we need to go to my lab anyway. I need to retrieve my notes and journal. Also there are some key materials needed for this that I have stored down there. We can get the core after. I don't suppose it's possible that we could go riding instead of in a carriage?"

We resumed our pace towards the exit. "Why on earth would we do that?"

"Well I think it'll be faster and there's not that much to carry. We could be back here by noon. Is that not a better arrangement?" I asked hopefully.

The truth is, this was the most perfect thing that could've happened today. If we went riding I could establish a path out of the palace and find out where the horses are kept. That way if I wanted to escape, I would know which direction to head in to reach my lab, gather my things and flee the nation. Not to mention the fact that I really didn't want to be cooped up in a carriage with this man alone.

"I suppose you're right. It's been a while since I last went riding. Now that I think about it, when was the last time? Hm... Ah yes! The other harbingers and I were out hunting in the woods chasing down traitors. Good times, good times," he mumbled.

What on earth... I cannot understand these people.

I made a mental note of all the turns we took and slowly developed a map in my mind. This would be extremely useful for the map I would draw up later. Once we were out, a strong gust of wind billowed in our direction. The mask protected my face from the cold but I still felt the chill in my bones despite the sun being out. A carriage had already been prepared for us by a pale, shaky boy who flinched at the sight of us. Ah, wait till he finds out he arranged everything for nothing. Poor boy.

"You there. Get rid of this carriage immediately and get us two of your finest horses. Be quick about it or I'll have you strapped to my surgical table for dissection."

I couldn't help glaring at Dottore through my mask because this man could not converse without slipping in an unnecessary threat. The shaky man whimpered before yelling orders to the helpers nearby and scurrying off to retrieve our horses.