14| 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐔𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐂 𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒

Start from the beginning

He backed up slightly, his feet shifting onto the now bloodied wooden planks.

The feeling of television staticky numbness crept onto Cerise's face and she subconsciously touched her cheek and winced, feeling the oozing crimson-copper liquid fall down her face.

"I just miss her so much," Jason sobbed, his knees giving up on him. He weaved his fingers through his hair, tugging on it as if he nearly wanted to rip it out. Cerise scooted closer to his anguished figure and put a hand on his knee.

Even though she did feel genuine sympathy for the Carver boy, Cerise knew she had to keep him distracted, hoping this would buy Eddie some time for a plan to escape.

But little did Cerise know, Eddie was not going to leave her, ever. Especially if it was with Jason Carver.

"I do too. Chrissy was one of my best friends." Cerise paused and bit her purple-red bruised lip. "She wouldn't want you to do this."

"Yeah...you're right. I just wish she was still here with us," Jason whispered. Cerise noticed he was evidently holding back on choked sobs and this powerless sight of Jason Carver was startling. Not once, in all of the years Cerise has known the boy, has she ever seen him cry.

She knew he cared about Chrissy, but the way he was attempting to find her murderer was iniquitous. Cerise couldn't tell Jason that his girlfriend was killed by a desiccated wizard from a role-playing game.

The teens sat in the sickening copper-smelling room for nearly a quiet minute up until Jason spoke up.

"You really don't know where Eddie is huh?" Jason asked truthfully, slowly showing his side to surrendering to his atrocious actions.

Cerise's heart pounded out of her chest, the incessant pitter-patter sensation of her heart nearly giving away her fabrications. A massive surge of adrenaline shot through her body and she had to quickly hide any indications of her lying.

"Nope. I don't."

Jason nearly believed her. He would have left it at that and told his friends to leave.

But something happened.

Andy's pestering voice boomed through the backyard screendoor, yelling inside the home victoriously. "Jason, we found him!"

Jason's solemn expression instantly twisted into a betrayed and enraged one. His eyebrows angrily furrowed and Cerise stood up, knowing how royally messed up this situation was turning into.

"You lying bitch!" Within a split second, Jason's tauntingly malicious demeanor resurfaced, nearly terrifying Cerise as she backed away from him toward the screen door.

"Jason, I—"

Cerise was cut off mid-sentence when Jason swung his closed fist, it strenuously making contact with her already bleeding cheekbone. She winced, whimpering in pain as she held her cheek. This time Cerise was ready, she lifted her knee and directly hit Jason in his private area, him tumbling down onto the ground while wailing in nauseousness.

She kneeled down and hovered over Jason's body, staring at him condescendingly. She raised her fist, drew it back, and let it swiftly collide with his lower jaw, him tumbling to the ground in pain.

"This is me showing you mercy."

Hopping over his limp body, Cerise darted out of the home and was met with a frantic Eddie whose eyes were intently scanning his surroundings for his girlfriend. When their eyes met with one another, Cerise could audibly hear Eddie release a sigh of relief, but it contorted with rage and anger when he saw the lacerations adorning her face.