Chapter 7: Interesting

Start from the beginning

*******

As Gwen left Em Jay's garage, where they held practice, an exhausted sigh escaped her lips. Gloria and Em Jay, had gotten in two more arguments in the last thirty minutes and she just didn't have the energy to stop them.

Though it did brighten her mood a little that she was about to go see Miles. She tightened her grip on her backpack straps as she turned into a narrow alleyway.

Sure they'd spend most of the time going over schoolwork and other stuff she hated, but she always enjoyed spending time with Miles.

She messed with a few buttons on her gizmo before punching the numbers '1610' into it. Her air escaped her in a breath as the wall in front of her tore itself into a colorful, glowing portal.

"I don't think I'll ever get used to that."

She took two steps forward before finding herself being pulled through a familiar cosmic void. When she first used the dimension traveler, she had flailed about aimlessly as she was dragged through the void, but now she was more relaxed, allowing it to carry her to her fixed destination.

She finally landed on the other side the nauseated feeling quickly subsiding as she peered over the roof of Miles's house at the calm streets of Brooklyn.

She was used to meeting him at his dorm room, but he'd told her to meet him at his house because he stays there on weekends. It felt a bit strange to be there. The last time she had been here was during the whole collider fiasco, right after Miles's uncle died. Yeah, not the best circumstances.

She put her spider powers to use, crawling down to his bedroom window and giving it three solid knocks, but got no answer.

Gwen inched her face toward the glass and put a hand above her eyes to see more clearly. She found Miles sitting at a small desk. He was wearing a pair of Sony headphones as he bobbed his head and sang along with the music.

Chuckling to herself, she stuck her fingers to the window panel and slowly slid it up, deciding to let herself in.

A scent invaded her nostrils as she entered. It smelled... like boy. That was the only way she could describe it. You know, it was that smell that was a concoction of sweat, dirty socks, and cologne. It wasn't too bad though. It was bearable.

His bedroom wasn't as much of a mess as she expected. Though knowing Miles, he probably just shoved all of his cloths under his bed, as soon as he got home. The room looked like a mini art gallery, multiple graffiti style drawings lining his wall. She smiled a bit. The room reminded her of Miles's personality- colorful and a bit of a mess- in the best way, of course.

She made her way to her friend's side, giving him a light tap on the shoulder, but he acted as if he'd been struck, falling out of his chair with a high pitched yelp. Gwen clamped her hand over her mouth to silence her snickers.

He looked up at her from his spot on the floor and his posture relaxed as he let out a relieved breath, "Okay, please don't ever do that again."

Gwen full out laughed at that, "I don't know. It may be worth it just to hear that girly scream."

"Hey! My scream is not girly!" Miles cleared his throat looking down at the floor, "It... It was a very manly scream."

Gwen bit back another laugh, "Yeah okay, Miles."

*******