Can we be Friends with a Ghost?

Start from the beginning

"Listen, guys, I'm not going to allow Hyejin to suffer anymore. Doyoung, you can give me detention all you want, but I'm not going to sit here and let her go through a hard time just because Mr. Ha said so."

Jaehyuk turned to me and placed his hands on my face.

"Are you okay? What do you feel?"

"I-I f-feel l-l-light he-headed."

"She's stuttering again like she did when she first came," I heard Yedam point out.

"You know Doyoung... You and Haruto used to be friends too," Jaehyuk said pulling out a polaroid of Doyoung and Haruto.

*Time Skip*

We were all leaving the class when we saw Mr. Ha with some women in traditional clothing.

"Get inside," He said motioning toward the classroom.

"Who is she...?" Mashiho asked.

"No need to worry, don't get in the way. After you," he said letting the women go into the room.

We all peeked through the window, except Jaehyuk was helping me see since I was pretty short. I giggled as he grabbed my side.

"Let me get on your back," I said smiling while looking into his eyes.

He nodded and bent down for me to hop on, he stood back up so we were both able to see what they were doing. It appeared as if she was doing an exorcism. Suddenly she went to Haruto's locker and pulled out his urn.

I looked at Jeongwoo and he nodded, I got off Jaehyuk's back as Jeongwoo and I ran into the room with Jihoon yelling for us.

"Haruto is... not a demon."

"There is another being that is, but it's not him!"

"Didn't I tell you, boys, to pretend she doesn't exist," Mr. Ha said with a stern voice.

Suddenly Junkyu came in, "Haruto... is our friend," he ran and grabbed the urn from the woman and kept it safe in his arms.

"He can't go like this!" I said.

The others started to come in as well, with Jaehyuk standing in front of Junkyu and me.

"I don't care if you give me detention, Haruto is more important than getting good grades," Jaehyuk said making me smile.

"You guys are all crazy, huh? Wake up! That thing will do nothing but torment you!" Mr. Ha yelled.

"No, it's the opposite," Hyunsuk said.

"That's right, he takes care of us," said Mashiho.

"And now... it's our turn to protect him," Hyunsuk added.

Haruto suddenly appeared in front of us.

"Haruto?"

"Is that him?"

"Is it Haruto?"

He was still transparent, but you could still tell who he was. Doyoung started to walk over to him.

"Haruto, I'm sorry..." Doyoung said dropping his head.

This made Haruto go back to normal. The woman started to freak out, but Yoshi pulled her away and told her no.

The 13 of us gathered into a group hug, I felt Haruto kiss my forehead and hug me tight.

We made a promise to allow Haruto back until graduation. It was going to be weird not really having him in our lives anymore after high school. But he will definitely live on in our memories.

*Graduation*

It was finally our last day of high school and our last day with Haruto. Throughout the past couple of months, I had gotten really close with Jaehyuk as time went on. Haruto had suddenly pulled the two of us aside from the others.

"Jaehyuk... since I will no longer be here to be in a relationship with Hyejin or to take care of her... I want you to keep her safe and to be there for her for me."

"Of course Haruto," he responded.

"I'm going to miss you Haruto," I said giving him a hug,

"Me too, but remember I will always love you and care about you." 

I nodded and grabbed Jaehyuk's hand.

We all took a group photo together and said goodbye to Haruto.

We will miss you Haruto Watanabe, but you will never be forgotten as the friendly ghost that haunted our 12-year class and for being my first love.

                                                                             The End.

Words: 1181

Date: July 13, 2022

Thank you guys for reading my book on Treasure's Web Drama 'The Mysterious Class'. I hope you all enjoyed it. I thought about writing a 'Treasure's 13th Member using Hyejin, if you guys would be interested in that please let me know! -Mini