Chapter 18 - Long Time No See

Start from the beginning

Then Anastacius walked away like nothing happened. Athanasia, however saw her brother and the stranger together because she couldn't find where her brother. To her suprise, her brother is talking to a stranger and making herself wonder who is that guy and why did Adelio talked to him.

Everyone start to clap as the second song ended. The next dance is going to be danced by every girl having her debut that day.

'He definitely had black eyes, right? For a moment they looked like jewel eyes and why is he talking to big brother?' Athanasia thought were cut off with Claude pat Athanasia's back.

Athanasia look at Claude in confusion. "Go ahead" and that moment Athanasia let out her true feelings.

Adelio who watched the entire things, feels a little jealous with how Claude care for Athanasia more than he care about his own son.

'cant it be more dramatic with a dramatic song in the background with how they part away as if they never see each other again?'

'ugh, how annoying' Adelio rolled his eyes and shake his head lightly.

"Adelio" Claude walk his way to Adelio.

"Yes, your majesty? Is there anything I could help with?" Adelio look at Claude.

"Actually...there is something you could help me"

"And what would that be, your majesty?"

"I need you to take care of Athanasia and never let her out of your sight and do not let her getting touch by other men like that white dog son over there" Claude glare at Ijekiel.

"You could trust me on that, sir" Adelio bow. And with that Claude walk away.

"Not even a goodbye? Rude" Adelio make his way to Athanasia and Ijekiel.

"-Lady angel" Ijekiel smile.

Adelio clap while smiling. "That's a good dance, athy and you too Kiel. Although, athy seems to step on your foot"

Athanasia embarrassed with what Adelio just said.

"Blessings and glory upon the star of Obelian empire. The princess is a very good dancer, don't you think so, your highness?" Ijekiel bow to Adelio and look at the siblings.

Adelio laugh lightly. "You're right. She is a very good dancer. Also you don't need to bow, Kiel. Just treat me like other regular person" Adelio put his hand on his back.

"Ah! My apologies, your highness" Ijekiel smile happily.

Athanasia seems to be more embarrassed than ever with how the two friends talk about her being a good 'dancer'.

"Big brother! You don't need to say that!" Athanasia cover her face.

"What do you mean, little sister?" Adelio smile innocently.

"Wow! Would you look at the time, Dad and Felix must be looking for us. Let's go, big brother!" Athanasia dragged Adelio away.

"Nice to see you again, Kiel!" Adelio shout.

They left Ijekiel with a confusion on his face. "But it's still early to go back...?" Ijekiel tilt his head.

~

"Prince, Princess" Felix said.

"Where's dad?" Athanasia looked around.

"His majesty has left for a moment on some urgent business"

Athanasia had distress look on her face. Felix who notice this went to comfort her. "Don't worry. he'll be back shortly"

"This is your debutante, he probably stay untill the end. So princess, may I have this dance?" Felix ask that he might regret later.