Simple as one word.

Danger.

...........................................

I woke up in the most uncomfortable position possible, the uneven books beneath me, I had hunched over against the wall. My back cracked as I stretched, my limbs almost painfully sore. Shuffling and arriving steps echoed off the large library, Jesse poked his head from the shelf.

I threw a book at him, startling me. I gathered up my things, particularly careful to out the journal beneath my books.

Dressed in the same clothes yesterday, I headed off to school with Jesse. Passing by everyone quickly, he grabbed my hand and we raced towards his car.

"Why are we running?" I asked as we rounded the corner and into the garage. He didn't answer until we got into his car and was well in our way to school.

"Sebastian was supposed to give you a ride but no one could find you. So I figured you'd rather ride within me then that son of a bitch."

I didn't say anything.

I didn't say anything to anyone that day. It was one of those days. I need a breather. I need to think. I need to do it alone.

Jesse has been a little bit clingy these days. Walking me to my locker and to class, I struggled to let him leave me alone. It was almost obsessive when I realized I'd have to feed him to the dogs.

"Sarah!" I called loudly, Jesse flinched from beside me.

"What are you doing?" He hissed, grabbing my arm tightly. I glared and shook him off.

"Wave! How are you. We haven't talked in like forever." She waved towards us, her eyes were cold. Much like her soul, I'm telling you.

"I'm sorry." I muttered as Sarah tangled herself onto Jesse and he turned and glared at me warningly. I made my way outside of the school, shoving kids and anyone who stood in my way.

"Hey! Where do you think you're going?"

I froze, taking a deep breathe. "Yes?"

It was a teacher, not one of mine; tall and bald. Much like an angry rhino, one hat needs to shed a few pounds before the wolves eat him. "I said, where do you think you're going. It's the middle of the 4th period."

"To my car, a quick stop before I go back to class. I'm leaking. I need a tampon."

He flushed, but grabbed my arm. "Go to the nurse. And get to class."

I narrowed my eyes, he had let my arm to. I trudged in front of him and turned towards the nurse's office. Making some excuse of having cramps, I was excused from class. The woman was too nice for the students here, I almost feel bad.

I needed to sit. And think.

I walked home, I had wanted to run but I hate the feeling of my bag bouncing as I ran. Especially since nothing in my bag would be stationary. Unlocking the door, I locked it; deadbolt. And sank into an armchair facing the fireplace.

Gripping a small Swiss Army knife and the journal of the dead prince. I didn't understand. I didn't get it. Why would Alpha Gould do it. Why would he, knowing that Jesse and I were closer, to pair him up with the most unsuitable girl. And me with the Beta?

Did he want me to fight for him? I would, knowing that Jesse. I don't know what to feel about Jesse. My heart is racing when I'm around him, but sometimes I completely feel like I'm with a friend. Almost like we were never meant to be.

Mates are painful. It's a blessing and a curse. Us modern day Lycans, are more wearable and less lenient on our mates. But no one will ever have the completeness then with their mates. Our vulnerability, and our power.