|⚔︎|-| III |-| VII & VIII |

•-| 🐺 |-•

- III | VII -
( The Bear and the Maiden Fair )

———

The "Dragon Convoy" is close to Yunkai, they have about an hour left. Barristan and Aston ride next to one another right behind Daenerys and Missandei with the other Gladiators behind and Jorah behind them. Frost is currently walking next to Daenerys' horse in the front of the convoy.

BARRISTAN: "Have you been able to contact your family yet?"

ASTON: "No, not yet... I'm hoping we stay in Yunkai long enough for me the receive a letter back after I send one. I'm planning on sending my brother a letter the moment we reach Yunkai."

BARRISTAN: "Sounds good, Aston... hopefully they know where Arya is and hopefully they know how Sansa is doing."

ASTON: "Yeah, I want to know where they are and how they're doing... I haven't spoken to Jon in 2 years. And I haven't spoken the Arya or Sansa in a year. So much had to have happened since then."

BARRISTAN: "I'm sure they would love to hear you are safe and healthy... who knows what they know."

ASTON: "I agree... you know my brother fell for that field nurse, Talisa... I bet they're married by now with a child on the way."

BARRISTAN: "That is a gutsy move given the fact he swore to marry a Frey."

ASTON: "But can really blame him... a Frey."

BARRISTAN: "Yeah, true... let's just hope Walder doesn't do anything about it."

ASTON: "What do you mean?"

BARRISTAN: "Aston, you are a very smart young man... I'm sure you've thought about what will happen to Robb when word gets out about him marrying a woman who isn't one of Walder's daughters."

ASTON: "Yeah, I have thought about it, I just hope nothing bad happens and they all agree to just drop the situation."

BARRISTAN: "Freys aren't forgiving, Aston."

ASTON: "So I've read."

BARRISTAN: "Look, I wouldn't stress about it too much. I'm sure they'll reach an agreement. Let's focus on Yunkai... speaking of, I've noticed the two of you are spending some time together." He gestures with his eyes to Daenerys who is riding ahead.

ASTON: "I'm her Lord Commander."

BARRISTAN: "Aston, I can see the sparks flying between you two... how often did Stannis meet with you when you were his Lord Commander? She obviously likes your company and you don't seem to complain about it either."

ASTON: "I mean... why would I?"

Barristan nods as the two laugh together. Aston saw Barristan as a figure he looks up to... someone who gives him advice like his father once did.

———

Aston rides alongside his friends.

ASTRID: "Are we going to talk about the obvious or not?"