With the sound of a maniacal cackle, and a bright, hideous flash of red, he was sent flying backwards, disappearing through the veil once more.

"SIRIUS!"

Finally, a name, something I could hold on to. Sirius. I couldn't say who he was, and what he meant to me, just that that was his name. Sirius.

The woman's cackle echoed through the room once more, and without a shadow of a doubt I know, she did this. She's the reason Sirius and I ran out of time. With that thought, I'm running, chasing after the crazed laughter of the unidentified woman. Up the stairs and through a doorway into a hallway, then through another doorway to a room lined with tall, glowing shelves.

Despite the light emitting from the shelves, the woman never comes into view. Suddenly, instead of chasing I am being chased. I can hear her laughing behind me, and spells brushing past my head and causing explosions to my left and right. No this was wrong, I was chasing her, I was... I was...

Finding Harry.

Sirius, he told me to find harry. I have to get him out. I have to sav-

CRASH!

A spell hits me directly in the chest, sending me flying backwards for an eternity. My eyes clenched shut as the wind whistles past my ears, and when I finally slam hard against a stone wall, the room changes from tall endless shelves to a dimly lit stone room, with an ery green glow about it.

My eyes are blurry, the pain from my hard landing making me delirious. Standing in front of me are two men, one obviously older than the other, but I can't make out any discernible features of either of them. My body recalls at the sight of the older man's wand being pointed at me, while the younger boy cowers just behind. I close my eyes, waiting for the pain I feel is inevitable.

Behind my eyes the room flashes red.

My scream is what wakes me once more, and it surprises me when I look towards the doorway that Irving isn't standing there staring down at me, or the fact there's no footsteps racing up the staircase that pause behind the closed door. Either Irving and Christina hadn't heard me, or for the first time since my release from the hospital, I was entirely alone in the house. As I wait for my breathing to return from panicked, to normal, I listen for a sign of someone moving around downstairs.

Pulling myself out of the comfort of my bed, I make my way downstairs. Even my tiptoed steps seem to echo around the quiet house, and I skip a step halfway down the stairs, remembering suddenly the way it creaked too loudly for my liking when stepped on. Christina and I had barely spoken more than two words to each other since our argument. At the sight of an empty kitchen, and no sounds coming from anywhere else in the house, I knew that wouldn't change today. The only sign of life was the note tucked under a coffee mug in the centre of the table. There was still steam rising from the hot coffee inside the charmed mug. I scoffed, an everyday occurrence and an everyday attempt by Christina to win back my favour. Ignoring the coffee, my eyes skimmed over the note.

'Elora,

I've been called into work for a double shift last minute. I won't be home till tomorrow morning, and I imagine I'll head straight to bed from there so I might not see you till later tomorrow. Irving will be home just after lunch, owl me if you need anything.

Love you darling,

Christina.'

I couldn't help but smile as I glance from the letter to the clock on the wall. If Irving would be home just after lunch, I had at least four hours of uninterrupted alone time. Suddenly the house felt huge, and full of secrets I could uncover about myself. I had to find my missing photos, Christina had all but confirmed she had been keeping things from me. There was no doubt in my mind that she had been selective when it came to what she had returned to my room.