"You should change the way that you think " he looks at her.

"Why? There's a possibility that I might die" she looks at him too but with a competing stare.

"I don't think it's called possibility."

"How would you say so?" she raised a brow at him. "Explain"

"Isn't it obvious?" he imitates her.

"Stop imitating me" her brows were meeting and making a crease on her forehead.

He laughed at her funny expressions.

"Try smiling and laughing sometimes, it'll suit you in no time." he advised.

"I'm not that carefree like you. We are different" she avoids his eyes.

"I'm sure both of us are no different" he slightly smiled.

No one uttered a word after he said those words. It wasn't awkward, it was comfortable. She was sitting at the end of the bench while he was standing beside her.

To be honest, he was too shy to ask her if he can sit beside her. He didn't want her to be uncomfortable, that's what her older sister and Baji told him.

'I'll be sure to go to your funeral, Baji.'

He knows that Baji wouldn't like this idea of him, he couldn't help but escape. To see his one and only true friend.

'He stayed beside me even though I stabbed him'

He was so glad that Baji didn't die in his hands or else he wouldn't forgive himself.

'Wait for me, sis'

"What about you?" pausing her sentence. "Why did you escape?" she bores her eyes on his frozen figure.

"Huh? I don't quite understand yo-" cutting him off.

"Don't act like I haven't seen your face in the news" she stated. "I saw it on the news, the incident in 2005"

He was speechless while the girl was staring at her.

'Am I going to jail? I can't see Baji for the last time?'

Thousands of thoughts keep rambling inside his head. Who knows that this woman already contacted the police? She is smart and she knows what she's doing.

"Don't worry" his attention turned to her. "I didn't contact the police or else my family will also track me"

Somehow those feelings he felt diminished. He sighed in relief, his hand placed on his chest to express.

"You must have your own reasons" she calmly said. "State your reasons" she demanded.

"O-oh" stuttering at his words, not expecting her to be like this again. "I want to see my friend before he gets buried."

"I'm sorry to hear that." she expressed. "Is he perhaps the friend, you mentioned before, that saved you?"

"Yes" his face softened. "He was the only one who stayed by my side."

He started to reminisce about the happy moments he had with his friend.

"My one and only friend." he whispered which Y/N heard.

"He's a true friend" Y/N commented. "So why are you here?"

"Hiding from the cops" he chuckled as if it was some kind of joke.

Y/N hummed to his response, not knowing what to say.

'WHAT THE FUCK SHOULD I SAY?!' she screamed internally and looked away.

"But I know, I'll go see him at his funeral." he swore. "My older sister is definitely going to scold me" he rubbed his neck, thinking about Kazuha yelling at him.

"You have a sister?" she asked, shifting the topic.

"Adopted sister. I was supposed to be an only child but my mom decided to adopt her." he smiles.

"Was she kind?"

"Very kind. She has this disease that she can't walk well, many people keep sending her those kinds of insults but she keeps forgiving them."

"If I was her, I wouldn't let them slide" she joked.

"I keep telling her that she can be mad at them or yell at them so she could protect herself being a normal human being" he lets out a frustrated sigh.

"So did your sister and your friend meet?" she asked.

"They go along well, I wouldn't mind if they get married." the saddened thought of his sister crying in Baji's grave. "That was if he was still alive..." he added.

"Actually, my friend sent me some letters of him asking my sister out." he changed the topic.

"I'm happy for them" Y/N said while gazing at the city lights.

"They were supposed to be together yesterday." a faint sadness was heard in his voice. "As soon as I read the letter my sister sent me, I didn't hesitate on being an escapee just to see my friend."

"Don't worry, I'm sure he's happy at the place...he is right now." she expressed although she thought it was a weird thing to say.

He giggles at her response and said:

"You don't need to say anything, lending your ear would be enough" he tilted his head slightly on the side which made a bell noise.

Piquing up Y/N's attention, she looks at the earring he was wearing which she just found out. Kazutora noticed her staring at the earrings.

"Oh, this? It's cool, right?" he smiled while pointing to his earrings.

"Yeah, you look stupid wearing that" she stood up slowly.

"Again, you should change that attitude of yours." he gently said but Y/N ignored him and made way to the house they are staying in.

He shakes his head in disappointment and uttered:

"Honestly, she should change that kind of attitude."

©𝐬𝐲𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐮

©𝐬𝐲𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐮

𝐘𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖 | 𝐇. 𝐊𝐀𝐙𝐔𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐀 [𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐄𝐃]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara