It was hard watching her family try to adjust after losing their mother. Dahlia often spent the night in Julie's room, wiping the young girl's tears as she helped lull her sister into a semi uneasy sleep. She tried to help her sister stay in touch with music...but it was hard, considering she'd fallen out of love with the passionate hobby as well.

Months upon months had passed, as Dahlia slowly became more and more of the ghost of her former self. The girl sat on her front porch, watching the sunrise. It had been yet another sleepless night, and sleeping under the stars made Dahlia feel closer to her late mother.

The Molina girl knew she would soon have to start getting ready for school and fuel up on her daily coffees. However, the brunette did something rather unusual at dusk—making a wish for her day.

"Hey, Mom...I don't know if you can hear me, but, I have something to ask. Without you, life's been so dull. The family's been so distant, so...sad. So, I was wondering if you could just send us a sign that you're here. Please. I hope you're doing well, wherever you are. I love you."

Dahlia sighed, opening her eyes to reveal the pink and orange sky staring back at her. She slowly tiptoed back into her house, careful not to wake her father or her siblings. She slowly pranced over to the kitchen, pouring some coffee beans into the coffee machine as she waited patiently, tapping her foot on the kitchen floor.

A popular Trevor Wilson song had been stuck in her head, the song title being, 'Long Weekend'.

Dahlia thought Trevor Wilson's earlier songs had to have been some sort of magic, because the connection she felt to those songs was like no other. She didn't bother listening to his new music— because in her opinion it was absolute garbage.

The sound of the coffee machine dinging snapped Dahlia out of her thoughts, the girl pouring the cup of coffee into a portable cup for her day. She drank a few sips, before heading up the stairs to get dressed.

Setting her coffee cup on her dresser, she opened her closet, now tasked with finding her outfit for the day. Dahlia sighed upon opening her closet, grabbing her cheerleader uniform that was fresh from the dry cleaners. Keeping up her social status might have been the hardest thing she had to do while at school, considering she had been flying through her other classes with ease.

Both Molina sisters' spark of passion for music has slowly faded out since their mother's passing, resulting in her music class grades dropping massively. Dahlia often wrote songs for the school's musicals, but had since dropped out of that entirely. It just didn't feel right to write without her mother besides her.

Dahlia jumped as her alarm clock went off, and she should have just been waking up. The Molina girl smiled slightly, now knowing she had a lot more free time for her morning, considering after she got dressed she'd be ready for her day. Dahlia began to search through her closet, pulling out a navy blue shirt and white pants, slipping on a pair of sneakers and deciding that looked decent enough. She walked towards her dresser, picking up her hairbrush as she brushed her hair, combing it into a high ponytail. She glanced down towards her Dahlia pin, the purple metal shining particularly bright.

Dahlia wasn't sure what possessed her to do it, but she grabbed the pin for the first time in months, securely latching it on her shirt. She then grabbed the books she needed for the day, stuffing them messily into her bag.

She knocked on Julie's bedroom door, confident that she sister was still fast asleep. When Dahlia received no reply, she swung the door open, seeing her sister still snuggled up in her blankets snoring away.