siblings don't always agree

Start from the beginning

"You like that?" I laugh at her expression.

America nods, grabbing one of her own and thanking her Uncle.

"I can't believe I've never had one of these!" She exclaims, devouring it greedily.

"Remember what happened with the pasta." I warn, which always made her slow her eating down as she's reminded of the time she nearly choked.

America does slow her eating down, but she still manages to get chocolate all around her face.

"Wands, you need to get your kid under control." Pietro jokes. "She can't eat anything without it getting EVERYWHERE."

I scoff. "Yeah, like you're much better brother." I point to his mouth, which was too covered in chocolate.

"Crap..." Pietro curses, quickly wiping it off with the sleeve of his shirt.

I grimace at the dirtiness. "Use a napkin." I prompt, grabbing one and wiping America's mouth.

"Eh." Pietro shrugs, sending a wink at my daughter, making her giggle.

"So, when the rest of the fam get here where are we gonna live?" Pietro asks, making me furrow my eyebrows at the dumb question.

"Um... here." I let out a slightly forced chuckle.

"Isn't this a bit small for 6 people?" Pietro prods, making me immediately become defensive.

"That's why I'm going to make it bigger." I tell him blankly.

America gasps excitedly, oblivious to the tension in the room. "Can I draw a design for the new house?!" She asks in a hyper voice, jumping up and down on the spot.

I smile at my daughters excitement. "That's a great idea, princessa. Why don't you go to your room and make a start?"

America nods happily and runs off into her room, leaving me and Pietro alone in the kitchen.

"Your really going to keep up locked up here for the rest of our lives?" Pietro enquires, taking me a back.

I let out a dry laugh at the false statement. "Oh my god Pietro! No one is 'locked up here'." I defend.

"No, but you don't want any of us to leave." He counters.

"Because why would you need to leave? We have everything we could possibly want, right here. Why would we need to go out where it's not safe?" I raise my voice slightly, tired of this ongoing argument.

"I want to see the world, Wanda!" He admits. "And America probably does too, but she's just scared to say anything because she knows you will snap at her for mentioning it!"

What is he trying to say? "What's that supposed to mean?!"

"I know you want to protect us Wanda. But staying here all our lives isn't living!" Pietro runs his hands through his silver hair in frustration.

"Yes it is!" I shoot back. "I lost you Pietro! I lost everything, and I still haven't gotten some things back, so I'm sorry for wanting to keep you all safe from the dangers lurking around in the world!"

"How is America supposed to live in society when she has never experienced it properly?" He asks, walking closer to me.

"Who needs society when she's perfectly safe HERE, with ME!" I grit my teeth, trying to not loose my temper.

"She needs to live a normal life, Wanda!" Pietro shouts. "Make friends! Find a girlfriend, and get married! She can't stay locked up here until she's 30! You say we're going to go out for the day, and then nothing happens!"

"Yeah, nothing happens and you both stay safe!" I scream, my powers lashing out and hurling a plate at the wall. "Stop trying to make me the enemy!"

"Your doing that yourself!" Pietro pushes me back by the shoulders, shocking me at the abruptness of his statement.

I can see the guilt set in his eyes.

"I'm sorry..." He mutters, rubbing the bridge of his nose.

I just scoff, pushing past him.

"Wanda..." He calls after me, but I just carry on walking and give him the middle finger.

"Don't, Pietro." I warn, heading straight for America's room, and hoping that she had her noise cancelling headphones in so she didn't hear our argument. She didn't need any more worries in her life.

I knock on America's door but receive no reply, so I cross my fingers that she has her headphones on while pushing open her door.

I almost sigh in relief when I see America laying on her bedroom floor, drawing a detailed looking huge house accompanied with a balcony and an even bigger swimming pool and water slide.

She notices me come in and pushes her headphones off so they are round her neck, smiling wildly at me.

I swear this girls smile could brighten any room.

"Look, Mama!" America excitedly crawls over to me, handing me the drawing. "It's still a working progress, but I took inspiration from all the sitcoms I watch on Tv, and I think that it's plenty big enough for us all to live in. I'm even putting in a movie room!" She explains, jigging up a down.

I try to push Pietro's hurtful words to the back of my mind as I smile for my daughter. "This looks amazing, Ri! Why don't you go finish this off and then ask your Uncle how he feels?"

The small girl nods, grabbing back her drawing and laying back down on the floor to finish it, putting her headphones that I had gotten her, back on.

Maybe having America talk with Pietro about the new house will keep him away from me for a while. He was way out of line saying that, and I don't want to even look at him right now.

I don't often argue with my brother. Sure we bicker a lot, but I can only recount a few times when we have had a proper argument. We have always been so close as twins. Pietro had always been there for me and by my side up until he died. And now he's back, and he's suddenly accusing me of all these things and starting arguments.

"I'm gonna go show Uncle Tio!" America announces, holding up her detailed drawing proudly.

I force out a smile. "You do that, sweetheart."

America hurries off to find her Uncle, and I finally let a tear fall down my cheek.

I know Pietro never meant to hurt me, but his words cut deeper than a knife going into my chest. I thought he had my back with everything? He was supposed to be on my side...

I'm forced to push these thoughts aside as I hear America calling for me.

"Coming, sweetheart!" I call, my voice cracking slightly at the end as I wipe away my tears and go to see what my daughter needs.