Chapter 49 : The final push

Mulai dari awal

Swiping further, there were more pictures from both UK and US twitchcon. Tommy- he looked so happy. In each picture he was widely smiling, as if he was riding at the highest of his life. It was a pleasant sight to see, because it'd been a while since Ray had last felt like this. It made her reminisce on just how much she loved streaming, the community, her friends. It made her realize how much she missed it all.

Swiping on a bit further she once again came up on a familiar sight- hers and Tommy's airplane picure. The one in which she was sleeping on his shoulder, and his head was on hers. Ray realized that now she saw the photo in a new light- it was no other 'ew gross TommyInnit', rather 'aww we look so cute here'. The memory that came with the picture made her blush slightly. They'd been so stupidly resentive of each other, especially her. It was childish and immature. Ray hadn't realized that her and Tommy could've always been great friends.

With this new sentiment in mind, Ray's half-asleep mind wandered off into her instagram DMs, and without much of a thought, she pressed 'voice call' right beside Tommy's private handle. It was 2 in the morning, a time where most people weren't really awake. Probably not him either, considering that the phone rang and rang without an answer.

After about a minute, Ray began losing hope, and her finger raised to disconnect the call when suddenly-

"Oh my god Ray, it's 2 in the morning." Tommy's extremely deep, slurred voice came through the line.

Ray was a bit speechless at first, her tired mind unable to process what she wanted to do now.

"Hey? Ray?" Tommy's voice once again came through, and within a panic, Ray quickly turned down the volume to the lowest possible setting.

"Hi." She whispered quietly, mouth right beside the phone's speaker.

"Hey." Tommy responded tiredly before shifting in his bed. "Why'd you call? Wait- are you even supposed to call? What if you get caught?"

"Tommy." Ray simply said, unable to either breathe or think in that very moment.

"Hm?" Tommy asked, calming down slightly.

The girl took a deep, shaky breath, her voice becoming strained and unsure. "Tommy, will you... will you be mad at me if I act like a coward?"

There was a short silence on the line before Tommy responded. "What do you mean?"

"What if I chose to not come back to streaming and live the life my parents want me to live? Will you be disappointed? Will everyone be disappointed?" She seemed to be unwinding her emotions at this point, her voice becoming even shakier.

She heard Tommy take a deep breath before speaking.

"No, Ray, no one will be mad, and no one will be disappointed. It's your choice to make."

"But I feel like I am abandoning all of you." She continued, now sobbing. "And I don't want to do that, but what else can I do? I just want to do what I love with the people I love, is that so wrong of me?!"

As tears began falling down her face onto her bed, Tommy spoke once again. "Ray, I promise you, you're not abandoning anyone. Even if you chose to now continue streaming, none of us will hold it against you. We're more compassionate than that."

She sniffled as he continued speaking calmly. "And you can be a coward. There's nothing wrong with chosing the easier option sometimes. But if, like you said, streaming makes you so happy, then you should fight for it. Remember: you're your own person. No one other than you should be making these decisions for you. Like I said before, keep your chin up high, and do what makes you happy. Remember, myself and Tubbo, Ranboo and all the others will support you whatever you do. So just... stop crying please. Cheer up."

"Telling me to stop crying won't make me stop crying." Ray choked out, but raised a hand to wipe her tears anyways. "But... thank you."

"There's nothing to thank me about. What you should be doing is apologizing for waking me up in the middle of the goddamn night."

Ray couldn't help but chuckle lightly. "Right. I'm sorry."

A silence ensued, but not one that was tense or uncomfortable. On the contrary- it was very deliberate and comfortable. Ray stared at Tommy's profile picture, hearing his quiet, rhythmical breathing.

"So... what will you do?" He interrupted the silence, and Ray sighed.

"I... don't know." She confessed. "I need to think about it."

"Okay... Just remember what I told you, okay? It's okay whether you chose one thing or the other."

"Yeah, I guess... I think I'm going to sleep now."

"Okay, good idea."

"Goodnight, Tom."

"Goodnight, Raelynn."

And then he hung up.

Their conversation left Ray speechless- he'd called her Raelynn. But what concerned her was not where or how he'd learned that was her first name, rather than how it sounded coming from it.

Ray was never too fond of her full name. It reminded her of the poshness and arrogance of her family, as well as the numerous people that have mispronounced it, even on purpose to bother her.

But Tommy saying it... it was as if he'd given the name a whole new meaning. Hearing it made Ray feel nice on the inside, as if the boy had managed to magically flip some switch in her heart. Her stomach filled up with butterflies, and her head felt light.

And finally, after numerous hours of being awake, Ray finally managed to fall asleep.

sorry for the chapter, it was literally no think just write

also i jes got back from budapest and it was really nice there, so shoutout to the 0.3% of u who are from Hungary :))