First Day on the Job

Start from the beginning

       "Y/N! I need your help with something!" I heard Robbie call.

       "I should get going, you know?" I said to Pacifica.

       "Yeah. By the way, you can call me Paz!"

       I grinned. "Okay, Paz!"

      I hurried over to the cash register. Robbie was waiting, tapping his fingers on the counter.

      "Y/N, can you restock the vending machine?" he asked.

      "Sure," I replied. "Where's the stuff?"

     "Right here!" Robbie took out two crates, both filled to the rim with junk food.

     "Thanks." I took one of the crates and walked my way to the vending machine.

      As I put the junk food away, I heard the front door bell ringing.

      "Hey, Robbie! You're still going to hang at the junkyard?" It sounded like a girl.

      I turned to find a redhead leaning against the wall closest to Robbie. She seems familiar...Then it hit me. She was the rude redhead from the party! I quickly turned back to restocking the vending machine.

       "Like I would miss spraypainting on all those old cars?" Robbie chuckled. "Please, that'll happen when I'm boring."

        "Like that would ever happen."

        I put away a bag of cool ranch Doritos as they were talking. Seeing the bag made me think of Will. I wonder what he was doing right now. Maybe he's making flower crowns right now. Maybe he's making a f/c one for me. I blushed at the thought of that, and my heart started beating faster.

       I soon finished the first crate. I went back to get the other. I was about to walk back to the vending machine when something stopped me.

        "Hey, who're you?" Wendy asked.

        I stopped. I was a little annoyed about how rude she was at the party. I'm not that short.

        "Oh, this is Y/N," Robbie said. "Y/N, this is Wendy, one of my friends."

       "Hey, aren't you the shrimp from the party?" Wendy asked.

       I narrowed my eyes. "Yeah, but I'm not a shrimp. I'm y/h."

       "You guys met at the party?" Robbie asked.

      "Yeah, they were looking for you." Wendy twiddled with her hoodie aglets.

      "Anyway, I should finish restocking." I walked back to the vending machine.

      The rest of the morning I spent cleaning up messes or restocking stuff. It wasn't really boring, because I thought of Will while doing it. His small smiles, his blue-black hair, his shyness. Just thinking of his face made my heart beat a little faster.

      Right now I'm on a lunch break with Pacifica and Gideon. We were sitting on the front porch, soaking in the sunshine. Don't worry, I brought a lunch sack with me.

      "So, how was work?" Pacifica smiled.

      I gave a small grin. "It wasn't that bad, actually. I thought I was going to deal with customers, but restocking stuff's better."

      "How come?" Gideon looked up from his book.

       I sighed. "Well, I'm not really much of a people person. I like hanging out with people I know well, but that's about it."

The New Kid: Will Cipher x Gender-Neutral!ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara