13. Fake It Till You Make It

Start from the beginning

Ram sat up from his seat.
Ram: Main ready hoke office jaa raha hoon. You go Adi and Sandy.
Sandy nodded.
Sandy: Okay sir.
She left the next moment.

Ram went his bedroom and locked the
Door. Then sat on his side of bed and drank some water.
"I think that went well. I think they're convinced. Phir bhi I need to listen what they say.", he thought.
A message from Sandy popped on his phone. They started chatting online,
Sandy: Jiju was it okay?
Ram: Perfect tha Sandy. Amazing acting. Kya aansu bahaye tune apni Pri di ke liye aur woh dono waha fresh hawa kha rahe hain.
Sandy: Hahaha. I hope sab jaldi ho jaye and Pri di-Pihu come back soon.
Ram: Absolutely. Sab ho jayega. Aur tu chalegi mere saath Goa. Bags ready rakhna kabhi bhi call karunga.
Sandy: Okayy. And jiju kya acting ki apne! Wah wah!
Ram: Ab itne saal samne jo acting dekhi hai kuch toh shikha hoga na. Okay bye for now.
Sandy: Bye.

Ram went to get ready. He showered and wore a freshly ironed suit. Messily did his hair and looked annoyedly at himself.
Ram: Ewwww. Aise toh 45 ka lag raha hoon. Cuteness hi chali gayi hai ab toh. Priya ko ab bhi main cute lagta hoon na? Ram kya soch raha hai. Focus.
Then he connected his phone to the spy microphone and put on his airpods.
There was silence for sometime so he fast-forwarded.

Nandini's voice was heard.
Nandini: Vedika! Woh Priya chali gayi apne bachhe ke saath. Jayegi kyun nahi itna achha blackmail kiya hai darr toh lagega hi. Aur aaj tum Ram ka gussa dekhti toh satisfied hoti. He just doesn't want her in his life. Afterall he loves his family.
There was silence for some seconds.
Nandini: Ha yeh thik kaha. Ab toh murder ki bhi zaroorat nahi padegi. Woh khud chali gayi. Aur mujhe nahi lagta woh Ram ke liye phir se aayegi. Uski bachha uske liye sab kuch hai, Ram matter nahi karta ab. Ha phir bhi aankh aur kaan khule rakhne hai. Agar phir se aa gayi Mumbai toh usse yaad dilana zaroori hai ke Nandini Kapoor kaun hai.

Ram stopped the recording.

"Nandini Kapoor kaun hai yeh toh ab main batayunga! Pathetic woman! But she said I don't matter to Priya anymore. Is it true?
No no. Ram kya soch raha hai. She's even manipulating you like this also. Priya already cleared that she only loves me yesterday, she told me that my memories are enough for her survival. Tu phir bhi yeh soch raha hai. Yes she has doubts whether to come back to you or not. It is normal she did terrible things, I did also. But she loves me no matter what. And Pihu meri princess she loves me so much. Aur kya chahiye! They are your real family who loves you truely.", he thought.

He then went out of the house sat inside his car and started driving towards office.
Ram: Call karun kya abhi? What if they're tired and sleeping. Midnight ko uthe the sab. Nahi karna chahiye abhi. Bad mein.
He decided to turn on the music system and played "bade acche lagte hain", his favorite, actually it's their family favorite. He smiled widely throughout the whole song. These 5 years, whenever he listened to this song his felt immense pain but that day he felt calm, he felt happy, he felt loved.

Goa:
Brinda woke up from her sleep and saw Pihu and Priya still sleeping peacefully on the other couch opposite her. She smiled widely. She stood up and went to the dining area to have water. One house staff came to her with three flower bouquets in his hand.
The house staff: Madam yeh aaye hai kuch der pehle. Aap log so rahe the toh jagaya nahi. Woh security guard de kar gaya hai. Kehne ko kaha hai ki check kiya hua hai.
Brinda held the bouquets.
Brinda(smiling): Thank you so much.

She went to the living room and kept the bouquets on the coffee table. There was one pink carnation, one pink rose, and one red rose bouquet. Each and every bouquet had a note attached with it. She smiled as she knew Ram sent them.
She took the pink carnation bouquet in her hand as she knew it was for her.
Pink carnations were her favorite. She detached the little envelope and opened the note.