She called her mom and gave her the information, who was relieved after hearing her husband's safety. She kept the phone down, yawning herself, to have sleep take over her on the couch she was on. This time it was a relaxed sleep knowing all her loved ones are safe and in one place. Everything else can take a pause till tomorrow!

Shera also managed to come to Sidharth's house with Nandu's help, safe and sound. Rita maa gave them both towels to dry themselves. Shera was able to carry the luggage and he dried himself and changed to dry clothes as well. She told them to stay in their house till the rain subsided. She arranged bedding for them both in one of the two guest rooms and asked Shehnaaz' s father to occupy another one. He was thankful to her before heading to the room.

The one thing he noticed in the room, in the living room, or in Sidharth and his mom's nature was they were very simple. There were not an ounce of pomp and show reflecting in the way they were living. If anyone came here unknown, they would never say that it was a movie celebrities' home but to a common man's home. The way they lived back in Delhi was just the opposite! They had a huge bungalow home, lavish car, designer clothes, a grand lifestyle, even though carrying the earthy nature of farmers which connected them to the roots, they never comprised a splendid lifestyle. Something he thought all the people of their region like to do! It is not that he was complaining but just amazed to see how a family this famous and luminary be so down to earth.

Next day everyone expected to have a little bit of sunshine after the rain, but a steady drizzle of rain descended from somber clouds leaving no place for the sun to peek. Opaque puddles gather along the crevices and cracks of the soggy ground in balconies and pavements, however the roads clogged with water. Due to the disruptive, uncontrollable nature of weather, rainstorms can cause stress; however, in the right frame of mind, a storm can be quite calming. With the soothing sound of rain falling, cool, dreary appearance, and warm humid breezes, a storm can be a most relaxing natural setting.

The aroma in the house early morning was inviting. Something fried lingered in the air. The smell was so amazing that Santhosh could not help himself to wake up to the delightful smell. It was 9am in the morning and he could not believe he hung up in bed this late. He was a morning person just like his daughter who had incorporated this habit into everyone in the home. He blamed that on happenings last night and how they went to bed late, almost after 3am in the morning. He quickly got up, freshened, and exited out of the common restroom.

He could see Sidharth's mom and someone else working in the kitchen but rather interrupting there chat he went towards the other guest room to find Shera to get his luggage for the change of clothes and shower. All dressed up he gave a look outside the window of his room and was gloomy to see the rain still pouring.

"Beda gar ho, yeh baarish toh rukne ka naam hi nahi le raha" he said that out loud to himself.

"Sahi bola aapne bhaisaab, yahan toh bas aisa hi hain... Yeh sapno ka shehar jitna deta hain utna le bhi leta hain. We are used to this; I know people coming from different states find it difficult, but we find our own happiness in it" wiping the wet hand in the apron Rita maa came inside the room with a smile.

"Ji... Ji... sab shehro ke apne apne rang hain ji humare Hindustan main. Koi kisse se kam nahi. To say we're living through challenging times sounds like both a cliché and an understatement but if you start counting on your blessings and appreciate how much the place has given to you, difficult times can never give you the pain or hurt you in any way. Sab attitude aur mindset ki baat hain ji...hahaha..." he cackled up shaking his full body and belly. It was his mannerism and Rita maa pleasantly was charmed by this trait. She could relate how Shehnaaz has that positive attitude in her, it can be deep and meaningful when parent pass along their best traits.

"Hope you rested well and got some sleep. I know it's hard to sleep in a new place" she enquired with concern.

"Nahi ji, I sleep well even in new place too... no problem at all. Waise khaney ki khusboo agar nahi jagatha toh main pata nahi aur kitni der tak so jaata" he appreciated the aroma sniffing the air.

"Aayiye, breakfast is ready. Aapko bulaney hi aayi thi"

He followed her to the dining table passing a small prayer room next to it. He folded his hand and gave the salutations.

"Sidharth is taking bath, he will join you shortly. Aap chai peeyengey ya coffee?" she asked.

"Chai please," he pleaded still with hands folded.

She nodded and went inside the kitchen. "Bhaisaab this is my elder daughter Preeti. Yahin issi building main rehti hain in 11th floor. This is my maid Rani Bai"

"Hello uncle, nice to meet you" Preeti kept the tea in the dining table and sat next him with her tea beside.

"Hello Preeti beta, nice to meet you too!" they chit chatted for a while until Sidharth joined them in few minutes.

"Wah behen ji, kya mast poori aloo banaye hain aapne. The best food to go with this weather.  The way it tastes is like it was dropped from the heavens by God." The taste was just so exhilarating and sharp, he gave smacking lip pop.

"Shehnaaz said that you like aloo poori. She made it once when we were in Kailash trip. It was mind-blowing." Sidharth pitched in licking his fingers.

"Acha! She cooked there? Waise, she cooks very well, bilkul meri maa ka haath hain." He said in a soft voice. Suddenly his loud voice changed into a low tone.

"Missing her?" Sidharth asked, gauging his expression, who was missing her equally since the dawn.

"Haan ji, pata nahi kaise hogi meri Dhi, usne naastha kiya hoga ya nahi? Akeli hain ghar vich. Karou bhi nahi hain. Atleast she won't be worrying about me now..." worry laced around him and Sidharth equally. Both stopped eating and breathed out heavily.

This was not missed by Rita maa and Preeti, "Shehnaaz humari bahut strong hain. Aap chintha mat karo. Meri subah baat huyi thi usse puchne ki kya banau naaste main aapke liye. She only told me make this. You both were sleeping at that time. But aapki beti pata hain kya kar rahi thi?"

"Kya?" both Santhosh and Sidharth said in unison. Their eyes clashed for a moment.

Rita maa chuckled seeing the curiosity in their face. "Halwa ke baad batau?" she teased them to get reactions.

"Nahi, abhi boliye na mom! Kya kar rahi thi woh? Teek hain na? Koi problem toh nahi hain na? Usne bola tha electricity nahi hain building main! But is she fine?"

Shehnaaz's father was taken aback to see how the man sitting in front of him cared for his daughter. He observed how his face showed his genuine concern, his changing expressions, his breathe was all displaying his deep concern. The value he had for his daughter was mirroring in Sidharth's face.

"She is absolutely fine, and she was giving song lessons to the kids in her apartment. She was cheerful and was doing the thing she liked the most... singing and having fun with kids. Some neighbor aunties had come to give her breakfast and what not as she was taking care of their kids and killing their time as school is closed. She was happy that she did not have to cook... Pagal hain bilkul... That's how both of yours Shehnaaz was in the morning, mast and bindass."

Father gave a satisfied smile thinking about his daughter and feeling proud of the way how gracefully she was managing the difficult time. While the lover gave a gentle, placid smile illuminating his love and protectiveness. Two important people in Shehnaaz's life making a bond unknown to them.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Hello, hello friends! Here is the next update.

Looking forward to read your comments.

Please Vote and Follow me...

Love you all 💛💛💛