☽☾ ! >﹏< 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟳 !

doyeon

taehyun looked downright gorgeous.

his blue button-down made his black eyes pop, and the smile on his face made doyeon's cheeks feel hot. she breathed a few times to calm herself down before she turned tomato red and continued to walk down the stairs. she caught soobin's eyes and was shocked when she saw the wonder in his eyes.

doyeon knew how great the dress accentuated her slim waist that she worked so hard for in soccer, but she never felt as beautiful as when soobin looked at her like he was right now.

that thought shocked her out of her daze. she had made her way down the stairs, and she realised she couldn't look soobin in the face. her head was down and her cheeks red. she couldn't breathe properly. she almost forgot taehyun was there.

but when she looked at tae, she could tell that he didn't forget she was. she stopped just short of him, standing close enough so that she had to crane her neck to look into his eyes.

"you look absolutely stunning." he whispered.

"you don't look so bad yourself, handsome." she answered back quietly.

doyeon felt eyes on her. she tried desperately to not turn and look at the boy she knew was burning holes into the back of her head. she wanted to, but she forced herself to keep her own eyes locked onto tae's. he was there, looking extremely attractive, and he was the one taking her out.

"ready?" she asked, wanting to get out as quickly as possible.

"definitely. i've been waiting for this for a really long time." tae responded.

doyeon smiled genuinely. she had been too.

she cut her eyes to soobin one last time before they left. he was smiling wide. it was a mix of complete sadness and utter joy and pride. he winked as he caught doyeon's eye. she smiled back at him, feeling the warmth build in her heart.

taehyun opened the car door for her, smiling with his classic charming grin. doyeon smiled back at him, giddy with nerves and excitement. after he sat down in his own seat, he turned on the radio, knowing how important music was to her. she smiled with all of her heart. it meant so much that he cared enough to do that.

she sang quietly, but after much insistence on tae's part, she began to sing louder.

"you have such a beautiful voice." tae admitted, unashamed.

"please." she replied, doubtful. she meant it, too. her mom used to sing lullabies to little doyeon before kissing her on the forehead and wishing her goodnight in korean. no one could match her mother's voice. her voice was average at best.

"hey, i mean that. i love your voice." he said, eyes switching between her and the road. she smiled at him as he grabbed her hand and squeezed it.

but something felt wrong.

she ignored that feeling for the rest of the twenty minute drive. when they got to the restaurant, she was pleasantly surprised to see that he had reserved a table at a restaurant that she loved. she didn't think she had ever mentioned that to tae, so she didn't know how he knew. but she was excited.

he once again opened the car door for her and grabbed her hand. he was such a gentleman to her that she kept thinking "i don't deserve this".

the conversation never lacked the entire dinner. even though they had been friends for a while and knew a lot about each other, they never got stuck in a silence where there was nothing to say. they were both chatty and excited and willing to talk about anything.