𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓

Start from the beginning

y/n
bokuto
tell me in private chat

konoha
NOOOOOOOOO

bokuto
hehehe 🤪
okay fine
one more word about me not making to top 3
i'll tell everyone here

y/n
aaaaaaaa

konoha
yes sir

kuroo
practice is starting
talk to yall later

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

Your eyes shot open as you felt a few taps on your thigh. A familiar woman figure stood next to you on the bed and said, "Miss L/n, it's almost 6pm. I guess you're really not feeling well. How are you feeling right now?"

It took a while for you to process what was going until it hit you that you overslept. Practice finished like an hour ago. You were supposed to go to practice at 2pm but you began to feel sleepy after consuming a pill the nurse gave you. But, your migraine was finally gone now.

"Oh my god, I missed practice!" you immediately stood up from the bed, folding the blanket and made sure everything was neat again.

"Oh, someone named Kuroo Tetsurou came by earlier to check on you." the nurse informed you and made you stopped for a moment. "I told him you were having a bad migraine and was sleeping."

"Did he say anything after?" you asked her.

"He just nodded and left."

You somehow felt a bit relieved and thought maybe he informed coach that you were not feeling well. You then thanked the nurse before leaving, "Thank you so much for letting me sleep here. I feel a lot better now." you said with a smile, which she replied back with the most beautiful smile and nodded.

You opened your phone and noticed a few missed calls from Yaku but didn't bother to call him back. You put your phone into your bag again and walked quietly until you noticed a figure right in front of you who was walking towards you. That was when you began to panic but tried to remain calm.

"Ms L/n, you're not going home yet?" he asked, scanning you from head to toe. He was definitely aware of the marks you had on your face ㅡ you know the marks when you had a very good sleep.

"I was sleeping at the nurse's office because I was not feeling well." you replied quickly before trying to walk away but he grabbed your forearm.

"Are you okay? Do you want me to send you home?" he asked again, and it was making you even more uncomfortable. "Wait for me at the gate while I take my car keys in my office, alright?"

"No, thanks. I'm good." you pulled your hand away and didn't even look at him. You had no idea why he was being so nice and even casually touched you.

"Why are you avoiding me, L/n? I'm just being nice to my students. Can't I do that?" his tone was slightly raised but no one was at the hallway. It was just you and him.

"You can be nice to your students all you want but I'm feeling uncomfortable with it right now." you replied honestly which caught him off guard. He had to admit he was a bit pissed off at how you were so persistent and not even falling for him even just a little.

"Interesting." he muttered under his breath before admitting defeat, well for now at least. "Sorry for making you feel that way, Ms L/n."

You didn't know what to reply so you just turned around and walked off. You reached for your phone once again and dialled Yaku's number. It didn't take long for him pick up.

(Y/n! You're still alive)

"I am, dumbass. Hey, where you at?"

(We're still at the gym hall)

"Wait, I thought practice finished at 5pm?"

(Yeah but we're waiting for you)

Your lips formed a smile, "Okay, I'm on my way." and with that, you hung up. The fact that they were waiting for you was cheering you up so much even though you knew they would never leave you behind.

As you stepped foot into the usual gym hall, you spotted Yaku, Kuroo, Kenma, Kai and Lev were sitting in circles on the floor. Kenma was the first person to notice your presence.

"Oh, Y/n." kenma said, pointing to your figure.

"Y/n, you good now?" Kuroo was the first to stand up and walked towards you. "Damn, I'm pretty sure you had a good sleep." he held back his laughter after seeing the marks you had on your left cheek.

"Shut up, rooster boy." you grinned, and then your smile instantly dropped when you thought about your encounter with Mr Zen. "Kuroo." you began as you pulled him to side to talk. "I met Zen just now and he wanted to send me home." you whispered.

Kuroo furrowed his eyebrows, "Really?"

"Yes. He seemed mad that I rejected his offer. He looked frustrated that I was trying to avoid him." you said.

"You know what, I'm worried that he's actually trying to get to you by acting all nice and shit." Kuroo replied. "You don't wanna know what he did."

Kuroo knew a lot of things that you didn't, mainly because you didn't care about what's happening around you in school.

"If he's been messing around, why didn't-"

"Hey, guys. Let's get bubble tea." Yaku interrupted the both of you along with Kai at his side.

"Oh, sure." you nodded and basically the conversation you had with Kuroo was halfway but you planned to ask him more at night.

The bubble tea shop was having a promotion so everything were at half price. You ordered a simple milk tea without the pearls since you personally find it annoying to chew them and you once choked on them too.

Kuroo, Kenma, Yaku, Kai, Lev and you sat at a round table in the bubble tea shop while enjoying the drinks. Yaku and Lev, as usual, were bickering and Kai had to stop them, Kenma was playing with his phone, Kuroo was tilting his head to the side to see what Kenma was playing and lastly, you were just there staring at the window next to you.

"Coach said we need to be at school tomorrow at 5am. Make sure to sleep early tonight." Kuroo began, which made everyone looked at him. "Other schools will arrive around 6-7am."

"What the hell, that's so early." Yaku complained, furrowing his eyebrows.

"I don't know if I'll be able to wake up." you joined in, letting out a chuckle. "Someone please call me to wake me up."

"I'll make sure everyone is going to wake up at 4am." Kai said, offering himself to call each and everyone. "Leave this to me!"

After having a few chit chats, it was already time to go home. everyone was pumped up for tomorrow's training camp and hoped everything goes well.