"Oh, I built it." He hummed, looking it over as he pressed down on the armrest a bit. "Turns out when half of your team and your girlfriend dissolve you end up having some spare time on your hands. I finished off your payments too by the way. They weren't exactly looking to put your loan on hold and I know you've always said you don't need my money, but you weren't here to tell me no this time. It's a dangerous world where you leave me unsupervised."

"I love it. And I'm going to pay you back every cent," You couldn't help the smile that spread so far across your lips it almost hurt, a hand moving to your chest. Despite all the time that had passed, he'd kept things in line for your return. You turned to wrap your arms around his neck, leaning up to press your lips against his. His hands moved to push up under the curtain of your hair and ran his thumbs over your jaw as he tilted his head a bit. The familiarity of the scruff brushing against your face and his warm touch made you want to melt into him even more, smiling against his lips as you let your fingers tangle into his soft hair.

"We should probably go inside now," You murmured, letting your fingernails lightly scratch his scalp as he pressed his forehead against yours. "What about we just stay right here instead? Forever?" He hummed, moving his hands down to your hips and pulling you completely flush against him as he went in for another kiss which you happily returned before giggling and slightly swatting his chest. You took his hand, moving to tug him towards the door despite the grunt he made in retaliation and leading him into the house. "C'mon, I probably have five years worth of dust to-"

You paused when you stepped in the house, eyes wide as you took in the sights before you. The first thing that caught your eye was the living room. The putrid spinach green walls you always complained about but never found the time to repaint were now a clean shade of (preferred color). The house smelled as if it had been freshly cleaned, candles lit along your coffee table. The plants that you'd forced Tony to help you pot were far from the dead crisps you'd expected, but rather thriving with the addition of a cactus. The outdated television screen that couldn't even handle Netflix had been replaced with a brand new flat screen, and the gas fireplace you had never been able to get to work properly had a fire burning within. You couldn't help the gasp that escaped, your hand returning to your chest as you stepped further inside. The kitchen was the same, except the crooked cabinet had been fixed and the table leg that had been propped up with an old book was now fixed. Several other little things that had always been a complaint but never enough for you to get around to fixing were made new, and overall it just had a completely new feel that you couldn't help but love. You turned to Tony who was currently kicking a toolbox under a table and out of sight before he shrugged off his jacket and walked into the room, avoiding your eyes.

"I just made sure things were kept up while you were gone. I finally chucked the tin can known as Alexa, I mean it's honestly the word A.I. I've ever seen, but I wired F.R.I.D.A.Y here. I honestly don't know how you lived like this, hazard, everywhere." He gestured with his hands, "I'm surprised you didn't cut your foot on the staples where the carpet was coming up or hit your head on that crooked cabinet, and absolutely no security system? Do you not realize with all the craziness we see that even a basic alarm would be life-changing?"

You watched the madness unfold, his words getting quicker and more slurred together as he got more and more worked up over the leaky sink and the flickering garage light. He placed his hands on his hips, "and honestly, don't even get me started on how dangerous it is to have a malfunctioning gas fireplace." He touched the bridge of his nose, as he turned in your direction. "Lucky for you, you have an excellent boyfriend and went through and made sure that there's absolutely nothing in this house that could, well y'know." His voice started to break on the last word, clearing his throat he moved to fiddle with one of the chairs. "See? This loose leg could end up with you falling back and hitting your head or-"
He paused, looking down at the chair. "Any of these things could happen, and you were just perfectly fine with that. Like an accident couldn't happen at anytime, I mean what if someone came in here or, I don't know. I know you have powers but there's things in this life that I can't protect you from and-" he stopped, letting his elbows rest on the chair as he let his face fall into his hands.