Chapter 28: A Hero Brought By Fate

Start from the beginning

Odette smiled at the flashback with him. Seems like she won't be needing Lucas today. She'll make Lucas a proud teacher and prove to everyone that the Empire will be fine.

However, her thoughts were interrupted when a wizard called her.

"Your Highness, we believe that the core of the darkness lies over there," he pointed to the huge glowing ball that stood far. It was... engulfing the darkness. It was continuously expanding, too.

Odette gulped nervously. This was the one that she needed to eradicate. This was the source of all the darkness. This was the moment that she was waiting for.

"How do we get rid of it?" she asked the wizard.

"We will be using the sword that the Emperor has made for you, Princess," he explained. "you can transfer your power there and take down the core. The wizards will fully surround the core and channel their powers to you."

"We'll evacuate the ship in a few minutes. Get the others ready." Odette ordered. "the Knights will also follow us. We'll be needing all the protection we can get."

The wizard nodded and left. Meanwhile, Odette was forced to take a break. She was already able to get rid of half of the Land of Shadows. If she knocks out the main source, then all of it will be over. The Empire can prosper and everything will be at peace.

"Odette, shouldn't you signal the second ship to enter right now?" Roger asked.

She instantly thought of Anastasius and Claude. They were probably still fighting right now and Odette didn't need any of it. She wanted to truly focus right now, but if she called her brothers, then a mess might occur.

"There is no need. I'll finish this once and for all," she replied. "besides, they'll just distract me from using my powers. They can stay there."

Roger was about to protest but decided not to. What Odette said was true. The Emperor and the Prince were probably at each other's throats right now. Having them here would just mess up the plan.

"Let me accompany you to the core, then." he offered her hand to Odette.

Odette bit her lip. "I'm afraid you have to sit this one out too, Roger."

"And leave you alone? I can't do that, Odette."

"The second I use my powers to the highest level, then there is no certainty to what will happen next. And I don't want to hurt you."

This was her fight. Not Roger's, or anyone else's. This was the moment that her father, the previous Emperor, was waiting for. "The True Light and Glory of Obelia," he said to Odette a few years back.

Roger wanted to answer back, but Odette shushed him. "Please, Roger. Stay here and wait for me."

Odette didn't even bother waiting for Roger's reply. The wizards already ushered her to go down the ship. The Knights have already cleared the path for Odette and the wizards, anyway. Odette's sword was already being polished, and the core was still moving.

So, Odette left Roger on the ship. The Knights carefully scouted the area to make sure it was clear. They signaled Odette and the wizards to come closer to the core.

This is it, Odette thought. The final battle.

----------

Claude gulped. They were now halfway to the Land of Shadows. There were no signs of Odette, the Knights were panicking, Anastasius passed out, and Felix isn't here with him. Where the hell could his knight be? Claude e strictly ordered Felix to be with him 24/7.