you walked back downstairs to see Joe sat on his phone so you pulled yours out. when you checked your social media, you saw thousands of different photos from you and Joe, to you and Lockie and Joe, taken by the paparazzi. to say you were pissed was an understatement. you wanted your daughter to be mostly private from the media but as Joe was in the public eye, it made it difficult. Joe was obviously an actor and when you started dating, everyone who was a fan of Joe knew who you were so you were both well known. you sighed angrily before turning your phone off, throwing your head backwards to the back of the sofa.

"what's the matter?" Joe questioned as he also turned his phone off, looking at you. "there was so many photos of us today, i didn't want to be photographed when i'm spending time with my family" you said honestly. "yeah well i'm famous baby, i can't control what they take photos of. it's not my fault" he said, sounding annoyed. you looked at him, a pissed expression covered your face. "i never said it was your fault Joe, i'm implying that i want to have one day where i'm not being photographed for money."
you said, sitting up fully now. Joe scoffed and looked away shaking his head in annoyance.

"maybe you should have married someone who isn't famous then" he said, standing up from the sofa. "what's that supposed to mean? what are you trying to say?" you said, standing up, following him as he stood just before the stairs. "all i'm saying is, you complain about being photographed but you married me, i'm famous so it's gonna happen and if you didn't want it to then you shouldn't of married me, you should have married someone 'normal'" he said, using quotation marks for the word 'normal'. your whole body filled with rage when he said that.

"what the fuck Joe. i didn't say anything like that, all i'm trying to say is i want one day with my family where our every move isn't being watched" you snapped, angry that he brought up your marriage. "as i said, you chose this life style, if you didn't want to be photographed, you shouldn't have married me" he shouted, walking past you into the kitchen. "what? its not a lifestyle Joe, it's invasive and personal. i don't want Lockie to think that every day she should be photographed. you know it's not only me who gets slammed by the media, she does as well and she's 3 Joe. no one of any age should be followed around with a camera" you shouted back, sick of his outlook on this.

"so we're bringing up Lockie now? well done y/n, very mature of you, always wrong so you bring up her to make me feel bad" he shouted back, running a hand through his hair, you were about to speak before he shouted out something even worse than you imagined. "maybe we should have never got married and had a kid if this was the way you were gonna react, you should have fucked someone else so i didn't have to deal with you. if i saw the future and saw this was married life i would have left you years ago" he shouted, rage filled his eyes as he screamed at you.

you were taken aback by his choice of words and looked at him with a hurt expression. you were about to speak up before you heard little footsteps running back up the stairs and a bedroom door slowly close. tears filled your eyes as you turned away from him, his words felt like a stab in the back. "y/n wait i didn't mean it-" he said, walking towards you to grab your shoulder. you shook his hand off looked at him. "that's a fucking low thing to say" you said before turning away, walking up the stairs to Lockie's room. Joe walked to the living room and sat on the sofa, eyes filling with tears as he realised what he had just said.

you knocked softly on Lockie's bedroom door and waited to hear a response but got none. "Locks, can i come in? it's mama" you said in the softest voice she had ever heard. you heard her sniffle and walked into the room, not seeing her anywhere. "where are you baby?" you questioned looking for her. you heard a quiet sob coming from under her bed and you walked towards it slowly, kneeling down to see her laying in a fetal position holding onto snuggles the bear for dear life, streams of tears falling down her cheeks at a fast pace.

"oh Lockie, it's okay angel." you said, sitting down crossed legged on the and waited for her to crawl out from under her bed. after a few minutes of sniffles, she got out from under the bed and crawled into your arms. she wrapped her arms around your neck and sobbed into your chest. "it's okay my love, we're fine" you said softly, kissing her head gently and rocked her back and forth. you hugged her for as long as she needed and waited for her to calm down. she looked up from your chest and rubbed her tears away from her eyes.

you stroked the tears away from her cheeks and pushed the stray hairs out of her face. "you and daddy gonna break up?" she said, sobbing softly again. "oh no my love, me and daddy are not breaking up, we just had a little fight" you said, trying to calm her down. in all seriousness, you had no idea where your relationship with Joe was gonna go now. "is daddy okay?" she said, looking at you with blood shot eyes. you sighed softly before putting her hair behind her ear. "daddy's okay, he's stressed baby. he's downstairs" you said, telling her he was okay.

"you both shouted" she said, looking down at her lap. you nodded your head and spoke up again. "when people love each other, they sometimes fight, we didn't mean to shout baby" you said, you felt eyes on you and saw Joe standing in the door way of Lockie's room, hesitant to enter incase he scared her. you nodded for him to come in and he sat down next to you. when Lockie saw he was there, she reached her arms out for him and the sobs started coming out again. "oh Locks, it's okay, daddy's here love" he said, kissing her head a few times before rocking her in his arms like you did previously.

he looked at you, a 'sorry' expression on his face as he looked into your eyes. he looked guilty and genuinely sorry. you nodded your head and looked back at Lockie. she looked up at you and Joe, seeing you weren't fighting anymore. "Daisy said when her mama and daddy shouted they broke up" she whispered, looking back down at her pyjamas. your heart softened and so did Joe's. this poor baby was terrified that her parents would split up. "i would never break up with your mummy Locks, she means too much to me" he said, looking away from her to look at you, then back at her.

"how about, we all stay in mummy and daddy's bed to prove to you that me and mummy are okay hmm? would that make you feel better?" he said, suggesting her favourite thing, family sleep time. she nodded her head and that's when you and Joe both stood up, Lockie in his arms, and walked to your shared room. you walked straight into your bathroom and started doing your nightly routine before you heard the door open. "shes basically asleep" he said, looking at you through the mirror. you nodded your head and looked anywhere but at him.

your body stiffened when you felt his arms go around your waist. "i'm so sorry baby" he whispered into your neck. you sighed before turning around to face him. "we shouldn't have shouted" you said, looking at him. he nodded his head, agreeing with you. "i'm so sorry baby, i should have just listened to what you had to say, i shouldn't have shot your feelings down and i should not have spoken to you like that" he said, kissing your cheek. you put your arms around his neck and pulled him in for a kiss. "i'm sorry too" you said, kissing him one last time.

you both walked back into the bedroom to see Lockie, fast asleep in the middle of the bed. "shes so pretty" you whispered, getting into bed next to her. "she looks like you" Joe said, getting in on his side. "i love you Joe" you said, putting and arm over Lockie's body, rubbing Joe's arm softly. "i love you more" he said, laying down, getting comfortable. you both had your arms around your daughter and started drifting off into a deep sleep.