the search

I couldn't let just anyone have the rabbit, taking care of him would be a big responsibility and so naturally I'd have to interview any candidates. To advertise I'd need a poster, so I asked Conner to put one together since he's the designated 'art guy' of the friend group. But what I failed to consider he was also Connor.

"Come on man, it's funny!" he said waiving the poster in-front of my face, the poster had a picture of a rabbit behind bars snarling. Above the rabbit in big red lettering was 'Rabbit wanted?' What an idiot, not only is the buck no where near as ugly and aggressive as the one poster but what sane person would want a rabbit like that!

"Dude... What the hell did you even listen to what I asked!" I exclaimed, "Do you not get the joke? You wanted a poster for people who want rabbits so you want a wanted rabbit" He explained it casually, without any sarcasm, like it wasn't the most ridiculous idea ever. "Oh my god you are so dumb." I facepalmed. "Hey! You asked for a cool poster, what about this isn't cool? We can ask Darren, he'll tell us." I looked down at the poster again and thought of the small fluffy baby back at home, with his eyes locked shut, nuzzled up against his mother. He was nothing like this crude imitation.

When we got to the shed that night we showed Darren the poster. Darren laughed at the poster but ultimately agreed with me it was a bit too... graphic. "Where would we even put it up? None of the priests would ever agree with it hanging on the notice board in school and of it was out in the open some random scumbag would probably draw a dick on it. I'd have to say spreading the message by word of mouth would better, like just ask around"

But then connor stood up, "we'll you'd have to do it Eammon, i'm hardly going around as a salesman."
"Well nobody would ever listen to you anyways everyone in the year has you marked down as a boy george type." Darren quiped
Connor sulked. "For the last time! Im not gay, im just more in touch with my artistic side, anyways I have a girlfriend. Thats more than you or eammon can say"

Raphina, truth be told I never really liked her that much. She was older, too impulsive too wishy-washy it seemed Connor had been possessed by her. The easiest way to describe her would be to say she was "complex". Connor could be totally transfixed by her, in a state of complete ecstacy or crippled by depression. Maybe you could also describe her as "powerful" since she had so much influence over the guy. Personally I could never understand it. I guess she does help him come up with some good lyrics though so that's a plus.

"You know i actually might know someone" said Ngig finally butting in.
"Like not well, but I know shes got a rabbit. You see my ex girlfriend-" Darren stood up in shock, "Youve gotten with a girl, YOU?!"

"Im not as much of a social reject as you. Anyways back to what i was saying she was friends with this one girl saoirse, her rabbit died recently."

"How do you know? You kept in touch?" Connor said sort of shocked.
"I keep in touch with her, it wasnt a bad breakup" Darren looked actually looked a little impressed that was until he asked, "So youre not still pining after her or anything?" No reply.

Then came a chorus of Ohhhhhhs!!!
After the appropriate round of slagging finally he said. "Anyways do you want her number ot not?"

"Yeah, sure"