Prologue ~ A Fateful Meeting

Let's get one thing clear and out of the way: When I finally arrived at the city where my brother told me our father had finally been freed, I wasn't expecting to arrive to the city and instantly get run over by a small delivery car.

Turns out people say you shouldn't be looking down at your phone while walking for a reason.

"OH! Oh jeez! Uh- I am so sorry! Are you alright?!"

Surprisingly, no bones were broken. Just bruises and scratches. I looked up to see a boy who appeared to be around my age. He wore a white jacket and a red bandana wrapped around his head, which seemed to be the thing holding his hair up.

"Uhm... I think so." I muttered, shaking off the dizziness. I blinked, and my personality did an entire 180.

"Anyways, nice to meetcha! The name's Ember!" I held out a hand, introducing myself with a wide grin. He stared at me for a moment.

"Uh... nice to meet you too, I guess? Are you sure you're alright? Do I need to call an ambulance?" The boy sweat dropped, slowly taking my hand and shaking it.

"Nah, I'll be fine! Hey, you never told me your name!"

"Uh, MK! Hey, I gotta go deliver these noodles. Uhm... you sure your good?" MK asked again.

"Mhm!"

"Ooookay, well, here," MK took out a pen and paper seemingly from nowhere and wrote an address down. "This is the place I work/live at. Why don't you go there and I'll come over when I'm finished. Okay?"

I took the paper. "Okie-dokie! See ya, MK!"

~~~

Since that day, me, MK, and his other friends all became one big friend group! Since Red Son, from which I assumed was because of his excitement, never gave me an address or something, I found myself becoming MK's roommate until I figured things out.

I learned that MK possessed a lot of power and a magic staff. I knew that I recognized them from someplace, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

I took up a job as a waitress at the little noodle shop. Pigsy was a nice guy, just had a pretty bad temper. He was usually shouting at MK or Mr. Tang, a guy who came almost every day to the shop and kept putting everything on his tab.

Out of everyone, I got along most with Mei and MK. The three of us made a pretty good trio. Mei was super nice and cheerful, and MK had a bunch of energy.

I was having so much fun, I almost forgot about why I came to the city in the first place. That was, until, Mei asked me a couple days after we met while we were at the arcade.

"Sooo, Em. How come you came to the city again?" She asked, plucking some tokens out of her pocket and putting them in the machine.

I froze. How could I forget? I turned, and ended up wording my sentences carefully, as I was well aware my father was pretty feared and hated throughout the world.

"Well, uhm, I came to this city to... meet some relatives! Y'know, I haven't seen them in awhile, sooooo..."

Mei nodded, her eyes unmoving from the screen. "Yeah, makes sense. It's always good to visit family, I guess."

I sighed. "Mhm."

Little did I know, days later, I would reunite with someone I wasn't expecting to reunite with for a bit.

~~~~

Status: Unedited