𝗠𝗬 𝗙𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗗 𝗕𝗘𝗡𝗔𝗧𝗛𝗔𝗡 [ ꜱᴘᴀʀʀᴏᴡ ᴀᴄᴀᴅᴇᴍʏ ʙᴇɴ ]

Start from the beginning

"Thats stupid" He put plainly, scoffing. "Is it? I mean a different version of your family comes in, take yours away from you and now you have no one to hang out with. That seems like a pretty good reason to be upset" I explained, my tone still staying pretty light.

"Yeah and what do you know about that? Your shithole dad lock you in your room or something?" He ticked off sarcastically.

"Are you familiar with my ability?" I asked, trying to continue my calm tone. "Roughly" Ben replied. I puffed out a breath from my nose, looking down. I then looked back up at him.

"Did you know I was somebody else for two months?" I inquired. "Really?" Ben raised his eyebrows and turned to look at me. A smile grew back onto my face at his curiosity. "Why didn't you turn back?"

"Well, I was six. I forgot what I looked like" I stated, raising my eyebrows. Bens furrowed in response "You couldn't use a photo?" His head leaned to the side slightly.

"Reginald took them all away from me. He said I had to stop relying on outside forces to get me what I wanted." I explained, keeping a smile on my face. I was less sad and mostly just irritated about this story at that moment.

Bens face didn't change to anything empathetic, he just blankly stared. His expression was almost unimpressed. "I forgot what I was. I was scared and I was slipping away from myself. I know something about isolation" I explained.

"How did you change back?" He asked. I smiled down at myself. "Someone smuggled me a photo of myself" I said, my tone filled with nostalgia as and my eyebrows perked up with a sad expression. 

Ben let out a hum as a response. "Was that your second question?" He raised an eyebrow. "No. My second question was if you wanted to dance" My smile widened, shrugging one of my shoulders and leaning my head onto it.

"Why would I do that?" He asked, tilting his head down then looking up at me. "Its either you come and have a good time with me or you stand in the corner with me talking about our childhood trauma." I laughed. Ben brought his head up and looked forward again, letting out a sigh.

"Ok, whatever you want" I shrugged, pulling a chair over from a table. "Im still going to be here though if you change your mind" I added, taking a seat. We both stayed there looking over at the dance floor as the music filled the silence.

Minutes passed and I crossed my leg over the other, leaning back in the chair. Ben adjusted his crossed arms and dropped an open hand down to me, his gaze still stuck on the crowd far in front of him.

My head perked up at him and my eyes widened slightly. "Whats this for?" I asked. Ben begrudgingly nodded his head towards the party dancing. I looked down at his hand and then gleefully took it, getting up. I looked over at him, a shit eater grin beaming on my face.

I starting dubiously giggling to myself. Ben shut his eyes and his head fell back "Don't make me change my mind" He opened his eyes to the ceiling then dropped his face down to me again. My smile faded and I got quiet, quickly nodding my head.

"Ok sorry" I mumbled before quietly giggling again. I grabbed tighter to his hand so he couldn't run away and then dragged him over to Klaus. He doubled over himself from the sudden pull and started to keep up with my pace.

"Hey! Look who I found" I called over the music and Klaus, Viktor and Diego looked over to us. Viktor waved at us, shuffling his feet to the music. "OHHH YOU DID IT" Klaus excited, opening his arms and staggering toward us. "I did" I nodded proudly.