"That is a possibility." Dr. Tezla said.

"We're running out of track!" Karma Eiss, the calm, level-headed member of the Teku said, who was driving Chicane.

"Lani? What are we supposed to do!?" Monkey asked frantically. Karma, Taro, Kurt, and the others were also thinking.

An idea came to Vert. "Guys, we have to ride the waves!"

"Real funny Vert. Now how about we come up with some actual ideas." Monkey said.

Taro, remembering what Vert tried on Highway 35 with the lava said, "Do it!"

"What? Are you crazy!? Don't tell me you're going along with this too!" Monkey said.

"He knows what he's doing! Trust me." Kurt said, another member of the Teku and former leader of the World Race team Street Breed. He saw what Taro saw firsthand as well.

"Oh no! I'd rather EDR my way out of this before I go along with this crazy plan!" Monkey said, about to reach for the EDR button.

"Monkey! Do it!" Porkchop, AKA Diesel Riggs, another member of the Metal Maniacs said on the comm. He was the only racer that stayed back at the Acceledrome for this race, particularly due to his fear of water.

"If we make it out of this alive, tell Dr. Tezla that I deserve to get paid!" Monkey said, caving in only because he didn't want to look like a total chump in front of Porkchop and Lani.

"Yo Vert! Sent you somthin'!" Shirako said on his comm, still bopping his head to music on his headphones.

Vert looks at his onboard screen. He looks at the name of the song. He did remember Shirako saying that he was doing some music edits for his website and he was always browsing the internet for new ideas. Judging by the name at the bottom of who made it, it wasn't Shirako's. Vert figured he looked it up and sent it to him. He grinned before pressing play on the song.

Vert Plays Wave Rippers Theme + Pump It

Artists: Ball of Waxx from Highway 35 World Race & The Black Eyed Peas

Mashup by: Acceler 23 on YouTube via RAVE.DJ

"Guess we're about to really find out how good those upgrades Dr. Tezla added are." Nolo said.

Vert presses a button on his dashboard. It was the button to activate the jump jets. Dr. Tezla said that he upgraded them to have a longer duration and stronger thrust compared to before, using Monkey's Nitrox 3 ½ as a starting point for how to approach upgrading the thrusters.

Everyone else follows his lead.

"This is a bad idea, this is a bad idea." Monkey repeated before pressing the jets at the last second.

"Shoot the curl!" Vert said.

"AAAAHHHHHHHH!" Monkey yelled as he went over the wave.

After traversing it, they were back on the track. But there was another wave coming up.

"We've got another one!" Karma said.

"Alright, get ready guys!" Vert said, timing his button press so he could stay balanced.

Once they got to the fourth, it was a lot farther than the ones before.

"We don't have enough speed for that jump! I'm using the Nitrox!" Kurt said, pushing the button to activate it, catching up to Vert.

"You read my mind Kurt!" Vert said, pushing the button as well, with everyone else doing the same.

They then activate the jets. Keeping balance, even at high speeds they were able to land their vehicles back on the main track. Not a wave in sight. The only water being what was under the track.