Chapter 29: A God's Command

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Ume swung the mallet on herself, "Amphibian." She shivered slightly at the feeling that spread through her, but when she held her breath, she didn't feel the pull for oxygen. She jumped out of the carrier with the hammer and looked around, but it was pitch black below her.

"Light!" she cried, careful not to inhale and swinging the mallet. The ocean beneath her lit up for a few seconds and she saw Mizuki down below. She looked back at Ryuo and was relieved to see him holding his own. He was back in his element and seemed to be enjoying himself. Ume noticed the cuts on his arms that would trouble Kamehime and knew she owed Ryuo and Kamehime a debt. 

"Light!" she cried one more time, swimming down as soon as the ocean lit up.

"Light!" she called once again, almost to Mizuki. She began to feel the twinge of a need for oxygen but ignored it.

"Light!" When the ocean lit up, she saw dark fog spreading through the water. She reached for Mizuki and grabbed his hand and tried to pull him away from the darkness and toward the surface. She could feel the need for air again. Even amphibians needed air. She could hold her breath longer, but not long enough. She almost cried out in pain when stinging ran through her side. She saw red in the water and realized Suzuka had shot painful spikes at her. They had hit her side like porcupine spikes. She was almost the surface, but Suzuka shot more spikes. Ryuo finally cut across her stomach and then her collarbone, distracting her as her enraged screeches traveled through the water. Ume finally reached the surface and gasped for air before trying to pull Mizuki out of the water. She pulled him onto the sand and tears finally slid down the cheeks from the pain in her side. She put a hand on Mizuki's chest beneath his clothes and felt his chest rising and heart beating.

"You damn pests!"

"Shield!" Ume cried, swinging the mallet as Suzuka leaped at her and sent bolts of lightning toward her.

The lightning struck the shield loudly, but it didn't pass through. Ume's hands were shaking being in front of someone who was so powerful, yet hateful and from exhaustion. She could finally look at all the cuts on her body and she was trembling.

"Die!" Suzuka shrieked, sending more lightning at the shield. Her black fog was spreading across the beach and the sand started turning black. Miasma. She was poisoning the beach. Ume looked at the water and saw it turning black. 

"Purify!" Ume yelled, swinging the mallet at the sand and ocean, tears streaming down harder from the pain in her side every time she swung the hammer, "Shield."

She barely blocked Suzuka's lightning. As soon as the miasma was cleared, Suzuka sent more, making the air sickening to breath. Ume looked at Mizuki and saw his face was twisted in pain and tears were sliding down his cheeks.

"Mizuki!" Ume yelled, "Mizuki, wake up!"

Ume cried out in pain as another shock of lightning managed to strike her. 

"Shield," she gasped , swinging the mallet. She forced herself to move closer to Mizuki and swung the hammer, saying, "Wake up!"

Mizuki sat bolt upright, staring at Suzuka first, then the miasma, and finally meeting Ume's eyes.

"Mizuki, are you okay?" Ume asked.

Mizuki's eyes were still sad and he looked helpless. Ume remembered the spell.

"Undo!" she cried, bringing the hammer down on Mizuki.

"Ume, are you okay?" he asked shakily. Ume saw for the first time that he was bleeding. He had blood dripping down his forehead and he was shaking. She was too. The lightning had been a lot for her body to handle.