11| 𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐁𝐘𝐄, 𝐁𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐘

Start from the beginning

Cerise looked at Steve, frowning. "You didn't tell them yet?"

Steve exhaled sharply, rubbing his eyes as Cerise's 'death' was still a sore subject for him. It was the look of her corpse that mentally disturbed Steve and he couldn't get that image out of his broken mind.

Both Lucas and Dustin were intrigued, their attention solely on the adults in the car. Steve looked at the boys seriously before speaking.

"I seriously don't know how to say this, so I'm going to just say it," Steve paused, looking back and forth between the teens in his car. He held his attention longer on Cerise and she nodded at him, comforting the knowing thoughts of the petrifying moments. "Last night, Cerise became a victim of Vecna."

Audible gasps filled the car, jaws slacked open and wrinkles forming on their skin. Dustin and Lucas both shared incredulous looks, their mouths opening and closing like fish.

"What!? How the hell are you alive then?" Lucas asked, he started to poke Cerise's cheeks, questioning if she was a ghost and she chuckled at his childish antics.

"That's what we're still trying to figure out. It was terrifying. One moment, Cerise's body was all mangled and shit." Cerise took notice of Steve's quavering voice, and she knew he was about to break down any second. "A-And her eyes—Jesus Christ."

Steve couldn't even finish her sentence as he swung open his car door, standing up and leaning his arms on top of it, needing fresh air. The rest of the teens stood outside as well, all concerned for Steve acting this vulnerable.

Cerise was instantly by Steve's side, not wasting a second to hug his tall figure. Steve wrapped his arms around her body tightly, this being the proper hug they shared ever since Cerise's death. Lucas and Dustin couldn't do anything except watch the scene in front of them and at this second, they were glad that they weren't there to witness what Steve unfortunately has.

"Steve, look at me." Cerise's tone was firm and steady, pulling away from the hug so she can talk, but Steve still held his gaze to his Nike Cortez sneakers. When he didn't respond, she spoke up again. "Do I have to slap you for the second time within the past twenty-four hours?"

Steve bitterly laughed in between sobs, pressing kisses on her forehead, dampening her hair as tears streamed on top of her head.

"I am not going anywhere, okay? I'm sorry you had to go through what seemed to be my death, but I'm here. Vecna doesn't have me, I'm here."

Steve smiled between his tears and he released a hefty sigh, in an attempt to catch his breath.

"If you ever die on me again, I'm going to resurrect you myself then kill you with my bare hands," Steve joked, laughter filling his ears as Cerise slapped his chest. She nodded her head incredulously before embracing her brother once again.

"Lookin' forward to it, Stevie."

Small 'awws' filled the Harrington siblings' ears and when they broke out of their embrace, they were met with the sight of Dustin and Lucas, both overdramatically acting as if they were watching a sad film. They mimicked wiping away their tears and fanned their faces to dry their nonexistent tears.

"I think this is the first time I have ever seen Steve cry," Lucas smirked, and if looks could kill, the freshman would be six feet under right now.

"Last time I saw Steve cry like this was when he lost his can of Farrah Fawcett spray," Dustin joked, releasing a loud cackle and Cerise burst into a fit of laughter, seeing the raging look on Steve's face.

Before Steve could beat up Dustin, the loud screeching sound of the screen door slamming against the metal of the trailer, startled the teens. Cerise whipped her head and saw a distressed Max.

𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 ✯ eddie munson On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara