11| 𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐁𝐘𝐄, 𝐁𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐘

Start from the beginning

"Woah, maybe I'm getting some of my memories back," Cerise mumbled, a smile inching its way to her face. Eddie seemed to smile along with her, the two of them bouncing in excitement on the couch.

They acted like children, their hands interlaced with one another and they screamed with joy, their childish behavior being one of the fondest exceptions of their relationship. Cerise felt extremely comfortable with the comfort of Eddie by her side. It seemed as if she had never forgotten her memories and she was with him for the past year.

However, their gleeful moment was abruptly interrupted when the wooden door swung open, revealing Steve Harrington, with his 'mom' expression plastered onto his face. Cerise groaned in annoyance, internally cursing at her brother for interrupting the moment.

"Rise and shine, shit heads. You two better get decent. Ressie, you and I are going out for the day," Steve declared in an authoritative tone. Cerise groaned in annoyance and rolled her eyes, rolling off of Eddie's chest, and stood up.

Steve turned around to face his sister and when he pivoted his body, he was met with the sight of his baby sister, in Eddie's shirt. His eyes widened, an unreadable expression on his face. Cerise noticed what he was staring at and her heart was beating faster by the second.

She knew Steve was protective of her, that was no doubt, so the sight of him seeing her in Eddie's shirt, Cerise knew her brother was going to lash out.

Or so she thought.

"Is that Eddie's shirt?" Steve asked warily, his eyebrows scrunching in confusion.

"Uh...no?" Cerise smiled sheepishly, hoping it would diffuse Steve's anger. However, what Steve did next, shocked both Cerise and Eddie.

"Uh-huh, sure. Get dressed in your clothes now. We're going out," Steve ushered calmly. Cerise was dumbfounded at Steve's response. It was highly unusual for him to be this calm, especially with Eddie on the other side of the room.

Cerise looked at Eddie with shock, the boy simply shrugging his shoulders in response as he was too shocked by Steve's actions. It was as if this wasn't even Steve at all.

"Alright then, I'm going to get dressed. Both of you, please don't kill each other when I'm gone."

✰*ੈ✩➶༄✰

Cerise sat in between Max and Lucas, gazing outside to be met with the beaming morning sunrays of Hawkins that illuminated softly onto the cemented ground. The group was driving to Max's house, silence filling the car as Steve drove. She also noticed how Steve consistently looked in his rear view mirror to glance at Cerise, making sure she was okay at every given second.

As Steve stopped in front of Max's driveway, Cerise took the time to endeavor the possible memories of what happened when she died. Cerise swore to herself that there was this missing void in her, something that she couldn't put her finger on.

Cerise also knew that somehow, Vecna had to do with it.

When Max hopped out of the car, Steve took this opportunity to turn his body in the driver's seat, his gaze directly held onto his sister.

"Ressie, honey, are you okay? How are you feeling?" Steve's voice was sweet, filled with caution and patience. Cerise looked up to Steve and flashed him a soft smile, nodding her head as an indication she was okay.

Dustin and Lucas looked at each other, the two of the freshman having the same questioning look on their faces.

"Um, did something happen last night?" Dustin warily asked, hoping to not to provoke Steve's temper. The young Henderson boy was an unfortunate witness to experience how Steve's protective demeanor can go off the rails whenever it came to his sister.