𝟓 | 𝐌𝐢𝐝𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐬

Start from the beginning

"Our third night falling asleep together." he replies.

"Oh, yeah." I smile and move my thumb across his cheek. "First night we're aware of it, though."

"Second for me." He fidgets with the strap of my bikini top that's laying across my back.

I pause, and not just at the fact that he's unintentionally messing with the strap of my top. "Second?"

"I knew you fell asleep the first night. I just didn't want to move."

I can't help but giggle into his chest. "I told you not to let me fall asleep."

"I didn't want to wake you." he insists shyly.

I take a deep breath, feeling a great sense of calmness with him. I'm glad he didn't wake me up.

He holds me close as our breathing starts to sync. It feels like I've known this boy for years, not days. Months, not hours.

I notice my blinking getting slower and slower, until finally my eyes shut and I drift off to sleep.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

Waves crash in the background as I start to open my eyes. I look up to notice the brightest, most gorgeous sunrise I think I've ever seen. With Rafe's arms still wrapped around me, I gently move them and start to sit up.

"Rafe." I whisper and nudge him. I almost feel bad for waking him, he looks so precious.

He looks around, clearly disoriented. "Huh?" he says with a groggy morning voice that I didn't realize I'd been dying to hear.

"Look at the sunrise!" I beam.

Without waiting for a reply, I take my sweatshirt and shorts off and run into the water.

"Here we go." Rafe sighs and starts to do the same before running after me. "Wait!"

Once we're both in the ocean, we swim around and take in the view.

"C'mere." he says as he reaches out his arms for me.

I swim closer to him and he hugs me tight, holding onto my legs under the water. I wrap my arms around his neck and look into his eyes. We begin to kiss slowly as I taste the salt water on his face and feel the sun beaming down on us. I eventually pull away and rest my face in his neck in order to look up at the artwork of colors in the sky.

"This is kinda your thing, huh?" Rafe suggests.

"What do you mean?"

"You seem like a sunrise girl." he says sweetly.

I smile before starting to kiss him softly.

After a moment, he pulls back. "So what would I be? If you're a sunrise?"

I think about it for a second. "A stormy, dark gray cloud." After I get a weird look from him, I reiterate it. "In a calming, comforting type of way."

"Spot on." He smiles.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"Yeah, I love the rain."

I notice his cheeks getting red as he leans in to continue kissing me. I love learning cute little facts about people, especially Rafe.

"It fits you." I grin as I wipe water droplets off of his cheek.

His closed-mouth smile quickly turns into a small laugh. "You think I'm calming and comforting?"

"Mmm-hm." I reply before thinking longer. "Whoever I've been talking for the past twelve hours is like that, anyway." After he furrows his eyebrows, I speak again. "The guy in the hot tub is comforting. And the guy I laid with on the beach is, too."