Should he have told her it was best to move on? Find a better life that was outside of him?

Of course.

But he had spent the last 5 years risking his life for a country that doesn't even treat his people right. He had every right to be selfish. It was just something he wanted to do before he left the world. He wanted to feel something.

Reiner looked down at (y/n), her eyes filling with tears as her smile was shaky. He felt a thump in his chest, his heart skipping a beat looking at her. There was so much love in her eyes, the moonlight on accentuating it more.

"I do." Reiner whispered to himself, saying it to any higher being who was listening.

"I do." (y/n) said it back, holding onto Reiner's hands that were on her cheeks.

No one was there to reverend the ceremony; the two adults doing it on their own and memorizing their vows.

There was a small tick in their heads, one saying: you may now kiss the bride.

And kiss her he did.

(Y/n) sniffled, trying so hard not to let the tears fall from her cheeks and ruin their kiss. Wind suddenly blew through their clothing, the fabric shifting along the air. When the couple pulled away, they stayed a breath away; just feeling content with each other's closeness.

"Are you sure about this?" Reiner asked her, his voice a whisper as he was scared of having her leave now.

"With you?" (Y/n) told him. "Always."

(Y/n) was writing down notes at her desk, the yells of Commander Magath being heard outside from the window. She stared down at the papers that were given to her; a list of the candidates that would go to the last stage of Titan selection.

Gabi Braun was one of them. Of course she was, she was exactly like her cousin. Such a common thing with the Braun's.

Reiner was standing at the window, watching the kids train out in the courtyard. He had walked into the office with the other Military officers; a meeting being held for the candidates that would be selected to stay. Magath had already left the room, quickly turning up at the courtyard to look at the kids.

"(Y/n), do you want kids one day?" Reiner suddenly asked, watching the kids run around.

"Are you asking me as my husband or as a warrior?" (Y/n) paused, turning her head to look at the man. He didn't look at her, he had a blank look on his face, seemingly trying hard to focus. The woman sighed, crossing her arms over her desk.

"As a wife, isn't it a duty to give you a child?" She asked him.

"I don't want you to think it's a duty." Reiner said, finally turning to look at her.

"With you it's not." She tried to reassure him. "Having someone who's half you would make everything go away. They are created from our love."

She had a dazed look to her eyes, seemingly feeling content with the idea of having someone who looked like Reiner. She suddenly took a deep breath in, coming back down from her fantasy.