one • rewritten

📍May 9, 2021, Barcelona Spain

"Giávanna, vamos, vamos todos, com ou sem você!" my father yelled from the centre of the room.

We were in a hotel penthouse, my father was upstairs, Afonso also while my mãe and I were sleeping downstairs.

I headed into the living room. My family had been invited by Ferrari to come watch the Spanish Grand Prix.

My cousin Charles Leclerc is now driving for them and wanted his aunt and cousins to come watch but my father got his way and is now coming. It isn't my first time at a race, I've been to a lot the last few years and I'm always at Prema races for my other cousin Arthur.

"I'm ready let's go"

We headed out of the hotel room and downstairs to the lobby where we met the chauffeur. I rolled my eyes at the sickeningly expensive car. My father sat in the passenger seat while my mãe, Afonso and I sat in the back. They all had their paddock passes in their bags, refusing to wear them as they were 'too tacky' but I didn't think that. I was annoyed though, I wasn't able to attend all three days but attending the race is enough for me.

AT THE paddock my father opened the door for us to get out. Then he and my mãe walked ahead of Afonso and I.

Once we got through the turnstiles I immediately abandoned my family and headed to find Max to go chill with him in his driver room for a bit.

At Red Bull hospitality no one questioned me entering, which was strange, usually they at least check my pass to make sure I'm permitted to be on the premises.

I walked down the narrow hallway and finally reached Max's driver room, I knocked on the door.

"Yeah?" his voice called back

"Can I come in?" I asked "come on in" I opened the door and headed straight to his small sofa.

"Dad's here" Max's eye brow quirked up. "he is?"

"mhm, I thought it was just Afonso, mãe and I coming"

"Same, does Charles know?"

"I assume so, considering he gave him a paddock pass"

"Ah here, how stupid is lechair" I laughed at the nickname Max gave my cousin jokingly, we all tend to put a twist on his last name to annoy him. By 'we' I mean Max, Arthur, Lorenzo and Sebastian.

"Wait, is Lorenzo here?" I asked and Max shrugged "I wouldn't know I've been here"

"I better go, good luck in the race, I'll be secretly rooting for you to be on that podium but obviously Charles in front of you"

"Always a Charles fan"

"I always will be" I smiled before hugging him then leaving the driver room and heading to Ferrari's hospitality.

When I arrived I saw Arthur sat at a table outside with Pascale and my mãe.

"Bonjour Pascale et Arthur"

"Salut Vanni" I smiled at Arthur and took a seat beside them. "Comment ça va?"

"Je vais bien et toi?"