Chapter 9: Unsatisfied

Start from the beginning

"Hmm, I wonder what's Anne laughing about?" Poor Marcy is wondering.

As Marcy creeps in, She can hear what Anne is saying, "Sash. We both know how fragile Marcy is. She hates being the last one to know."

Marcy paused, right at the entrance of the balcony. Behind Sasha and Anne, their elbows on the marble.

"What are they talking about?" Marcy whispered to herself. Clenching the strap of her purse.

She slowly steps in, realizing what's happening. As Sasha turns In front of her, closing her eyes. Full of calmness and tranquillity.

And there it is, the revelation. Of Sasha's horrible and another betrayal.

Sasha Waybright bribed Sawyer Maroon to love the adorable nerd, Marcy Wu.

MARCY'S POV

It hurts, This hurt more than being impaled by a flaming sword of who I trusted the most. I can't believe it.

"How could you do this to me?"

Sasha is silent, and so did Anne. Their conscious guilt made them turn her head away.

I roll my eyes, I'm tired of being sad or hurt. This is annoying to me.

"What? Just say nothing after you guys said? Did nothing happen? I have eyes and ears guys! I am not dumb! I see now, how Sawyer became suddenly close to me. What did you bribe him then? Huh?"

Anne interject patting her hands in the air, "Marcy calm down. There is a reason why-"

I'm so sick of myself, of them, of this.

"Anne, I know this is rude. I want Sasha to answer me this time. I'm giving her a chance. Stay out of this okay?"

Anne wince, hesitating, then nods. "I'll watch, but will not intervene."

"Thank you, Anne. " I face Sasha, standing still, she knew. Her eyes say it all. Remorse and guilt.

I deeply breathe and formed pursued lips, "Answer my question Sash, what did you bribe Sawyer? Money? Power? Or-"

"Love, my love Marcy." Sasha deadpan said it, waiting for my reaction.

I shake my head, nauseating my stomach and throat. "Stop responding to those answers. It's cringe!"

True it does sound ridiculous and irrelevant. Love? Seriously? You have better answers Sash!

I glance at Anne who's biting her nail and starts sweating. She is nervous about this. Is it bad? Or worse? Did she know it too?

Of course, Anne and Sasha are closer than ever after Amphibia. Sash and I still haven't changed, no! We did, we all did! Why do I overanalyze this?

Sasha combs her hair through her hand, pushing her bangs back.

"I did bribe Sawyer with money and fame. But I sacrificed my love for you after I find out you had a crush on him. So I broke up with him for you. I bribe him to love you."

I cross my arms and raise my eyebrows. "I feel there's a but there. You're not yet done."

Sasha gulps, "But he still likes me, he even said those silly words about not moving on. I told him to love you more than me-"

"Stop. Stop it. I don't want to hear it anymore. It only confuses me more." I said it firmly, these feelings are overwhelming me.

I reach out for myself, hugging myself, I feel so insecure.

I frown and roll my eyes to my right because It's cold and tiring. I haven't worn outerwear for this dumb windy weather.

By the words she said. I don't what to believe her anymore.