(a/n): for this fight, y/n will lose to shinso and he advances but his next fight will be against midoriya, which he then loses. also, i'm not very good at writing fight scenes so sorry if it sucks.

i woke up to denki violently shaking me, "what the hell denks" i got up holding my head, him shaking me made me really dizzy.

"sorry, [n/n]. but it's time for you to go out there." soon enough, i went outside ready to get the fight over with. some of my classmates came over to wish me luck.

"[y/n], be careful. the guy you're going up against, his quirk can manipulate you. just don't respond to anything he says." ojirou warned me, 'ohh, that's shinso!' i processed that shinso was the guy who manipulated a couple of students during the 2nd round, also the person i'm going up against.

we both stepped on opposite sides of the stage, he looked at me with a straight face as if he knew he would win. but as long as i didn't talk, i would have the upper hand.

"it's a nice day today right?" he asked from the other side. i just stood there confused but didn't talk, knowing what he could do. he just smirked at me, "y'know, you can just give up now. all of this is a test to see if you've got a determined spirit. you can't care about what other people think of you, especially if you want a bright future."

he just kept talking and talking, i was getting bored but continued to listen to what he had to say, "your monkey friend, he was going on about his pride earlier. but honestly, he's an idiot for throwing away his chance of winning." what he said about ojirou made me angry.

i look over at him from the stands to see him looking nervous. 'i need to win this, FOR OJIROU!'

i could tell shinso was aggravated that i wasn't talking, and it was amusing.

ojirou's pov:

"oh wow, looks like she isn't standing up for her classmates. guess she doesn't really care about them!" i heard monoma say from the other stand.

that made me mad. i knew [y/n] wasn't talking because she didn't want to let me down, to let us down.

then midoriya interrupted, "oh, shut up monoma. she's doing it because she doesn't want to fall for his tricks, but i know she can do it!" the whole class cheered along with him, especially me.

your pov:

i began to fight, getting closer and shooting beams at him, causing him to be temporarily blind at least for five minutes.

i stopped to take a look at my hands, they were covered in blood. 'shit! i used my quirk too much..' i had to make this fast.

i was going to do close combat attacks but heard a voice call from the stands, "you got this sweetheart!" a lady's voice yelled. "mom?.." i mumbled, but since i was close to shinso, he must've heard it.

"oh, so your mother has come to see you fight, how sweet. too bad she only came just to see you lose," he smirked but he still couldn't see due to my quirk. that was the last straw.

"i won't lose—!" i was stuck in place. i couldn't move, talk, or do anything except think. 'shit! it's over for me'

"now, why don't you be a good girl and go step out of bounds for me." that command, i didn't want to lose. i couldn't. but here i am, walking towards the white line.

i tried over and over again to break out of the trance but that was it, i lost. if only i had kept my mouth shut, the round was over within a short amount of time.

shinso, shinso, shinso. he was all i could think about. he made me angry. i hated that he manipulated me into losing, though, i hated myself even more for falling for his tricks.

━︎━︎━ ︎TIMESKIP

my eyes fluttered open, 'where am i?' i tried sitting up, only to immediately lay back down.

'damn, my head hurts' i looked around, i must be in the nurses office... i was not the only person in the room though. i saw aizawa, my mom, mina, bakugou, and... shinso?

they all must've noticed i was awake since they all came rushing by my side, except shinso. he continued to lean against the wall looking annoyed.

"oh, finally! my baby is awake!" my mom hugged me as if i died and was brought back to life. "hey, mom. can..you let ...go? i can't..breathe." i managed to get out and she hurriedly let go.

"uhm okay so, can i go now?" shinso spoke and they all turned to him. "this is your damn fault in the first place." bakugou growled. "for the last time, i never told her to pass out! i only told her to step over the white line."

someone came into the room which made everyone go quiet, recovery girl. "she will be fine everyone! she passed out due to exhaustion and loss of blood." everyone was so relieved that i was fine.

"wait," as soon as i said that all eyes were on me. "who brought me here? mom would've had to wait until the sports festival was over and other students weren't aloud to interfere." they were all quite and slowly looked at shinso, but he refused to look and just stared at the ground.

he sighed and finally spoke, "as soon as you stepped over the line, you collapsed to the ground. i was worried that it may have been my fault, like a quirk malfunction or something, i wanted to make sure you were alright so i brought you here.." he explained, still not making eye contact.

i slightly smiled, "thank you." he finally looked over to me, meeting my gaze. "yeah, whatever." and he finally left the room.

'ugh, rude much?' my features instinctively gave him a dirty look as he left the room.

"how about we get ice cream on our way home?" mom slowly helped me up." i smiled at her, "yeah, okay."