02 | Flight turned into fight

Start from the beginning

»»————-  ————-««

After having lunch and pointless chitchats with my bestfriends, I decided to change my clothes since I'm going home anyway. I don't like to wear our uniform when going to the airport, not so fashionable.

I went to our school's bathroom, changing my clothes from uniform to casual one. I wore a simple baggy pants, white t-shirt, and a dark green polo that I used as a blazer. The polo's color has some similarities with our uniform's color.

 The polo's color has some similarities with our uniform's color

I was about to go to the teacher's office to inform Ms. Park that I'll be going when I suddenly heard a faint scream from distance which caught my attention.

Then, I saw a student being tackled down by another student. I quickly ran into her. Gosh, this school and its never-ending case of bullying.

"Yah, what are you doing?! The f*ck let go of her!" I quickly shoved the student that went at the top of another student, but I froze when I saw the student's face.

Blood.

There's blood on his mouth.

Wounds... a clear and visible veins.

Totally looks like a zombie.

Without wasting any second, the creature shoved me to the ground, attempting to reach for my neck.

D*mn, all I could do now is to hold him off his shoulder, I don't have any f*cking weapons with me.

Still struggling, I strangle the zombie– or whatsoever this creature is by his hair, taking his mouth distant to any part of my body.

Then suddenly the creature went off me, as someone threw him off.

"Y/N, why are you wearing civilian clothes at school?" He held my wrist as we started running, dodging any zombies that would come in our way.

"I don't think that's our problem right now, Joon-yeong ah." I spoke as we kept running. Closer, just a little closer and we'll reach for our room now.

"Gyeong-su!" Joon-yeong and I turned around as we heard a familiar voice shouting out our friend's name. There, we saw Gyeong-su being pinned by a zombie while Wu-jin is helping him out.

I quickly ran into them and punched the zombie's face, causing the creature to stumble down, as Wu-jin and Joon-yeong held me again while Gyeong-su was at the back, watching out for any incoming zombies.

As we entered the room, we saw that only a few of us were in there. The others are probably still at the cafeteria or hallway which made me more worried.

"Yah, are you alright? Are you hurt or something?" Wu-jin asked as he held my shoulder, checking for any possible injuries. I quickly shook my head and buried my face on his chest as he put me in a comforting embrace.

"We should hold the doors. We never know, maybe they'll come into our room in a second." Joon-yeong and Gyeong-su immediately held the door as I said that. Looking around, I saw that I-sak and On-jo are still not yet around, and so are my other classmates which made me more anxious.

"Yah, yah, yah!" Gyeong-su opened the door when he saw I-sak entering, I quickly ran into her as we hugged each other.

"Are you okay? Did you get hurt?" I asked and she answered a no, she then returned the question and I just shook my head. We hugged for a minute more.

"Are you with On-jo by any chance?" I-sak sadly shook her head, which made me sigh.

"Yah, don't worry. The last time I saw her she's with Cheong-san, he will take care of her." I-sak reassured me, I smiled and put my head on her shoulder.

"We should stop letting others entering, who knows if they're infected or what." Na-yeon said, which made me look at her.

"No, the others are still out there. We'll let them in if ever they come here."

"And what if they're infected? Are you gonna let us die? You should know better, you're supposed to be the class president anyways, Ms. Know-it-all."

"And what if they're not? Are we just gonna let them suffer outside? When we're here and we could do something to help them?"

"VP's right... we should let them in if they knock. They're still our friends." Hyo-ryung agreed, so did Ji-min. I-sak put her hands on my shoulder which made me turn to her, she motioned me to rest my head on her shoulder, so I did.

A sudden bang was made at the door, which made us startled and stood up. My eyes widened when I saw On-jo together with Cheong-san.

When they opened the door, I-sak and I quickly ran to On-jo and hugged her.

"How's the campus? Are we dead or what?" Gyeong-su asked Cheong-san, he then walked towards the window only to see the chaos that's happening.

Another one knocked at the door, turning our attention to that person. We saw Dae-su come in, covered with powder or whatever it is, saying that some crazy jerk sprayed him with a fire extinguisher.

"Y/N-ah, aren't you supposed to be at the airport right now?" On-jo asked while holding my hand, I sadly smiled at her, knowing that I can't make it anytime by now.

"Train..." Cheong-san walked up to us, trying to say something.

"Train to busan." He explained using the movie for us to understand the situation.

"Aren't they zombies? They're the same thing." I joined their conversation and Cheong-san nodded at me.

"Zombies are at school? Y/N, I know that you're a fan of those kinds of series but maybe you watch too much of them." Dae-su said, still not believing me. I mentally scoffed but I understand him, who would believe that a zombie apocalypse can actually occur?

"Watch this, Y/N's right." Cheong-san then pulled Dae-su's hand, followed by Wu-jin. Gyeong-su was supposed to follow too but Joon-yeong reminded him of the door.

Suddenly, a hand slammed through the window which made the boys back away from it, only revealing Su-hyeok climbing up followed by Nam-ra which made me stand.

"It's that isn't it? Zombies..." Su-hyeok asked while laying down on the floor and panting.

I walked up to Nam-ra and held her hands.

"Are you okay?" She smiled at me and held my hands tighter which also made me smile.

Su-hyeok finally went up while taking off the dust on his uniform. I hesitantly went to him, causing him to look at me, with a shocked face.

"Make sure you're fine, I'll kick you out of here myself when I find out you're infected." I told him then walked away, leaving him speechless or whatsoever, he didn't answer me anyway.

"Yah, you're supposed to be going now, right? How did you still end up here?" Dae-su asked when he realized that I was wearing casual clothes, I just sighed and put my head on his shoulder.

Now d*mn, how could I possibly fetch my father in the airport?