Ch. 1 The Preface

Start from the beginning

Talulla looks at her younger brother with a knowing stare. They both know that Dipper doesn't like to socialize.

" Ah! I'm going downstairs to eat," Dipper blushes and runs down the stairs.

Talulla giggled, thinking her younger brother is adorable when he gets embarrassed. She looks away, enters her bedroom, and zips her luggage.

" LuLu! Can you help me bring my stuff downstairs?" Mabel asked. She opened her bedroom door and dragged her luggage out of the room.

" Sure!" Talulla grabs her luggage and walks out of her bedroom. She takes her younger sister's luggage and walks with Mabel down the stairs.

" Morning, everyone!" Mabel happily greets her parents and younger twin.

" Morning, My Tulip and Mapel Syrup," Their father, forty-one-year-old Franklin Pines, greets his two daughters.

Mabel giggled. She towards the dining table and greets her father with a hug and a kiss on his cheek. Meanwhile, Talulla placed their luggage next to Dipper's.

" Morning. Mom. Dad," Talulla greets her parents and sits down.

" Did you two sleep well?" Their mother, forty-one-year-old Annalise Pines, asked while serving food onto everyone's plates.

Mabel lets go of her father and went to sit between her older sister and younger twin.

" We did!" Mabel brightly smiled. " LuLu and I slept like a baby, and now we have energy," She giggled.

Talulla fondly stared at her younger sister. " So, where are you two planning to stay for the summer?" She asked while looking at her parents, specifically her father.

" Your mother and I are going to Glass Shard Beach," Franklin responded. He grabs a fork and knife and begins to cut his food.

Talulla opened her mouth to say something, but Mabel cut her off.

" You are going to visit Grampy Shermie!" Mabel exclaimed.

" Yes," Franklin nodded.

" Why couldn't I go?" Dipper asked while playing with his breakfast. He wanted to visit his Grandfather's house because he loves being coop up in his library and reading different kinds of books.

Talulla playfully rolled her chocolate brown eyes. She grabs her orange juice and takes a sip. She knows her younger brother isn't too keen on their summer plans of going to Gravity Falls because they would be living with a relative they barely know.

" Mason. We spoke about this," Annalise sits down next to her husband.

Dipper grumbled since he didn't like it when his mother called him by his real name.

" We don't even know him," Dipper looks at his parents.

" He's my Uncle, Dipper," Franklin responded. " Your Grandfather's younger brother. The last time you saw him was when you were little. He owns a Gift Shop, and with so many tourists, the job makes him busy, so he rarely comes to California to visit," He explained.

" I understand Talulla going to Gravity Falls to work and earn money. But, why do Mabel and I have to go?" Dipper asked.

" Dipper!" Mabel shouts. " I don't mind going to Gravity Falls. Dad says there is lots of forest and animals and a waterfall and a town where everyone knows everyone," She looks at her younger twin.

Dipper turns his gaze to his older twin. He opened his mouth to say something but stopped when he saw Mabel giving him puppy-dog eyes.

" Dad also said that Grunkle Stan has a library in his home that is bigger than Gramps'," Talulla glanced at her younger brother.

Dipper sneaks a glance at his older sister. The two siblings stared at each other.

" Alright. Alright," Dipper sighed and surrendered.

Mabel looks at her older sister, and the two sneak a high-five.

Franklin and Annalise looked at each other and chuckled.

An hour later, the family finished eating breakfast. Talulla and Mabel helped their mother with the dishes while Dipper helped their father carry the luggage to the car.

" Alright! Everything is in the car," Franklin informs his wife and daughters.

" We should get going. Your flight is in two hours," Annalise grabs her purse, and she walks out of the house with her two daughters.

" I'm going to miss this place," Mabel turns her head back to stare at the house.

" Mabel. We will be back," Talulla reassured. " We are only going to be in Gravity Falls for two months," She fondly stared at her younger sister.

" You're right!" Mabel brightly smiled. She turns and enters the car, sitting next to her younger twin.

Talulla looks back at the house and stares at it with mixed emotions. It felt bizarre leaving her childhood home for two months since they would do something in California every summer. So, it's her first time going out of state.

' We will be back,' Talulla internally speaks. She turns and enters the car, sitting behind her younger siblings.

Franklin and Annalise get inside the car. The vehicle gets turned on and drives away, leaving the neighborhood, and heading to the highway, which will take them to the airport.

Playing with Fire [Gravity Falls Fanfic]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara