"I'll try to be." He whispered.

"Besides, I have something to come back to anyways!" He exclaimed, pulling her at arms length to look at her. She had tears but suddenly smiled up at him.

"Yeah! You have to come back! So we can get married and live together!"

"Of course! I'm going to get us a big house! So mom can live with us too!" Reiner told her equally enthusiastic.

(y/n)'s hand clenched onto the item it held, her mind suddenly remembering about it.

"Oh, I got this for you!" She pulled on a chain, a ring hanging on the string. "Made sure to put it on a necklace so you don't loose it!"

Reiner looked at the gift with wide eyes, hand slowly reaching out to touch the dangling jewelry.

"You didn't have to." He said with a soft smile. He gingerly touched the necklace, the girl letting go as the ring fell into his palm.

"I wanted to." (y/n) smiled. "Now we can match."

The girl giggled, pulling the chain she had bought to put the ring Reiner gave her on. As she moved to display the two rings together, her shoulders sagged and her smile fell into a sad one.

"You're my best friend, Reiner." She said somberly. "And I want you to come back."

Reiner's eyes twinkled as (y/n) looked up at him. He gave her a small smile back, gripping tightly onto the ring her got.

"You're mine too." He spoke. "Don't tell Bertolt, though."

"I'll see you at the docks tomorrow, okay. I'll be sure to wave you off!" (y/n) giggled, the boys cheeks flushing.

"I'd like that."

There was a small pause, (y/n) looking up at Reiner as she tried to come up with what to say. Instead though, she quickly leaned forward, her lips touching Reiner's in a fast paced manner. Reiner's face suddenly went hot, the boy not reacting to the kiss on time and just freezing as he was stunned.

"I love you, Reiner." She told him softly, the statement causing the boy to come back to Earth.

"I love you too, (y/n)."

And just as she had told him, she waved at him. Her hand raised high as she stood on another dock, away from the Eldians telling the warriors goodbye. Reiner gave a small smile, hand waving back as he saw her looking frantic to make sure he saw her.

SHE FINISHED OFF the letter with another small heart, her name placed off to the side as she read over what she wrote. It talked about her day; talked about how much she remembers of Reiner and how she realized her feelings for him.

She sighed, folding the paper neatly and placing it inside an envelope. Her door opened, footsteps pounding as a little girl giggled as she looked around her older sister's room. She peaked her head over the desk, eyes glancing over all the papers that had neat calligraphy.

"What are you writing, sissy?" Her 5 year old sister asked, trying to get on her toes to look closer.

"A letter, (s/n)." (y/n) answered, sealing the envelope up with wax and reaching over to place them in a box on her desk. Her fingers rolled through all the other letters, three years worth.

"To a boy!?" (y/n) laughed, as another one of her sisters walked up to her, the girl a bit taller at the age of 8.

"Yes, to a boy."