Chapter 1

"Yo! A it dis" Dinero shouts hyped at my final verse.

The others joined and I cracked a small smile feeling accomplished.

"Mobsta ready" said Quincy dabbing me up as I enter the room.

I take a seat pouring another half cup of Hennessy and cran juice. Dinero played the song from the start and pointed out parts to edit. We chill for a few minutes until the next artiste came.

"Yo me ah mek a move" I said announcing my departure.

"Yaah guh my way?" Asked Quincy.

"Yuh know mi did waah guh gi Jahv Don a link though" I said to him picking up my keys.

"Yuh know mi did waah see him to" he replied taking a puff from his spliff.

"Fawud den nuh"

...

"Brand new machine dis" asked Quincy referring to my new BMW as we enter the car.

"How uh mean man" I responded taking one last sip of my drink before discarding the cup out the window.

"Clean yuh fuck. Right now a sell mi waah sell mine and get a bloodclaat bimma to" he said.

"Sunday me get it" I said recalling me gifting myself for all my hard work.

I'm 26 with 3 hit songs and 3 successful businesses. Why not?

"Love see di yutes a live large. Dat is it." he responds.

"Mhmmmn" I mumbled in agreement.

I've always wanted to be where I am right now. I've worked hard to be successful, always having good grades and taking school seriously. I'm also the proud owner of a bachelor's degree in business administration. Your probably thinking my life would've been great after.

After university I couldn't get a good paying job. I started scamming.

I didn't like the idea and my parents didn't like it either but 'food affi eat'.
In the space of 2 years, I had somehow managed to get enough money to start my first business and buy my first car. The following year, Jahv Don and I started working together in real estate. I decided to stop scamming completely after 4 years.

I pull into Burger King's drive-through and I was reminded by my rolling stomach that I haven't eaten since last night and it was now 5pm.

"A talk bout machine, dawg yuh know seh a gyal link mi weh day and bring 2 a her fren dem." Quincy chuckled.

"She a seh her man a clown. Long time she want a 3 sum and the bwoy a nah give her wah she want" he laughed and I joined him.

"Suh mi tell her fawud mek mi help her out yzm" he continues.

"Best time a mi life in a good while"

"Same time a B a ask mi bout uh to. Look good still and a your type" he says pulling up a picture of a light skinned female on his screen.

"Eeh" I responded as I looked her over.
I wasn't impressed.

I placed my order as he gave more info on the girl. We continue conversations to Jahvi's house and ten minutes later we arrived.

We could see him sitting outside with a brownin on his lap. It was Chey, his wife. I greeted him then the woman.

"Yuh know a likkle business mi waah talk to uh bout tho" says Jahvi pouring me a shot.

"Yuh know mi naah drink nothin more right now dawg" I said declining.

"Pass it" Quincy said taking the glass.

I planned to go to my mom's house after this and I did not want to show up drunk.

"Anyways. Yuh know we in a the real estate business and mi buck up pon a space weh me feel u can mek good money out a it. As a bredda, mi nuh want dis pass uh" he says in a serious tone.

"Yuh know anything fi mek we richer a dat we pick." I responded taking a seat next to him.

*Ashley's POV*

I've just arrived at the airport and all I could think of was what mom was cooking for me. I haven't seen her in 2 years.

I've been studying overseas for the past 5 years and I'd be home every break but these last 2 years I decided to stay in the U.S. Why? Well a bitch thought she was in love. My example, Devin, showed me why I should stay by myself.

But what can I say? Men will forever be men yes?

Shenseea- Lighter played in the background and I couldn't help but sing along.

"You have a beautiful voice" someone said behind me.

I turned to see a kid looking about 6 years. "Thank you" I smiled at her.

"And your so pretty" I added.
She was, really. Her curly hair was up in a bun and her edges laid. She wore a burberry dress and white sneakers. Well put together.

"Thank you" she replied before running away with a grin.

I laughed at how sweet she was then continued singing as I waited to check out.

After what felt like an entire day, I was out and on my way home. My dad had his driver pick me up. I made a mental note to pick a key when I got home. I didn't think it cool to have someone drive me everywhere. I haven't gotten the chance to get myself a car. My ex would take me wherever I wanted to go or i'd use his since he had others.

My dad is a retired politician and my mom is a doctor. I'm an only child for the couple but my dad had a older son.

I didn't see him much since he was introduced to us at 16, and since then, was always getting locked up. When he was out he was doing something bad all over again. Gangs here and there, moving drugs, gun trafficking... You name it.

My dad really tries with him. He blames it on himself for not raising him himself. He didn't know about Lance till he was 15. His mom had kept it a secret as revenge on my dad for choosing my mom as his wife.

My father is also the owner of two hotels and holds shares to many businesses across the island.

All of this didn't mean I was a spoilt child though. I had to earn everything I got. I had to prove I deserved it to get it and I'm thankful for that.

"I can't wait to see them" I mumbled.

I shifted my attention from my phone to the window taking in the beautiful island of Jamaica.

*Bayka's POV*

After hearing what Jahvi had to say I agreed to think on it. I wasn't feeling the idea but I still felt I should think on it. He wanted to join Lance on his kind of business.

I have managed to keep my businesses clean for all this time. I enjoyed the peace that came with it.

There were cons and pros for that proposal. I decided to think on that later because I was too tired right now. I just wanted to get to mom's house, eat and probably sleep.

I arrived in less than an hour. I had finished my food from Burger King on my way but I was still hungry. I parked, got out and entered the house.

"Mummy!" I called out as I walked in.

"Bwoii. You think a your place?" She replied from the kitchen laughing.

She came out to greet me. "Yuh cook?  Food ready?" I asked walking up to her.

"Yes but you can go help your self. I have visitors coming over in the next hour and I need to go get ready" she says walking past me.

"Alright"
I made my way to the kitchen and she went upstairs.

I shared a big plate, ate then went to my old room to sleep. I didn't think it could wait till I got to my own house.

_________________________________________

JUST A SMALL CHANGE!!
Bayka is 26

Who should play Ashley though?