Chapter 16: My Story

Start from the beginning

Mark: You still haven't answered my Question...

Mark grew scales on his legs and leaped towards her as the area he was in had turned into a crater. His  swords clashed into hers as he looked at her with the same amount of hatred he had held within himself.

Mark (Deepened Voice): Do You Think Yourself A Hero?

Sasha was knocked back by his attack and in doing so, They both fell of the waterfall. As they were, They attacked midair as their attacks seemed to have no lasting effect on each other.

Sasha: What do you want me to say Nate? That I'm sorry? That I should have never tried to hurt you? I get I'm not a hero but you need to understand.

Sasha went to attack him but yet Mark, Or so he seemed to be called, was taken aback while he blocked the attack.

Mark?: How... How do you know my Real Name?

Mark, Now seemed to be known as Nate, seemed to get angry at this fact and grabbed Sasha while they got closer to the bottom of the waterfall. While he did, he felt another spark. Another that would spark everlasting hatred and cruelty within himself.

Nate: I SAID HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT NAME!!!

Nate was Screaming in anger, His eyes becoming Blood Red to even express that. Sasha looked at him with Sorrow and Pity as they both finally hit the water. Mark, Now Known as Nathaniel, Had Spewed fire from his mouth, evaporating all the water in seconds. Sasha had looked beaten up from the fall but was conscious and a little burned. She was lying on the dirt

Sasha: Nate... Stop...

Nate: Why. Give me a reason. I am the Sin that you created. A Skullcrusher made to torment. I have belonged NOWHERE because of you! So I have no reason to kill you where you fucking LIE!

He pulled out his sword and aimed for her head but, before he could, he felt something on his shoulder. It was a hand belonging to Anne. He looked at her until she faded away. He realized she was just an aberration from his mind. Nate sighed and latex down with Sasha. The water from the waterfall had slowly started filling the empty river.

Nate: I... I can't do it. No matter how much I want to hate you, No matter how much I want to blame you, No matter how much I want to kill you, I can't.

Nate started to cry a little. Tears made of black goo fell from his eyes. Sasha turned to Nate to see him in his distress.

Nate: I've always wondered why you sent all those guys after me. Why you attacked me like that. All I could wonder every single time was if you thought you were some sort of hero? That you were doing good?

Sasha: I was... Just a dumb kid then. I thought you were going to mess everything up for me. I just didn't want things to change.

Nate chuckled at her answer.

Nate: I had to go through change. Up and left my whole life to go to LA because of my parents. Thought it would help us financially. It didn't too much. The cost was losing all my friends behind. All I had left to remember them was my nickname.

Sasha: What was it?

Nate: Mark. I hit someone so hard, I ripped his cheek and broke his jaw. I barely even hurt myself too. It was so crazy that doctors couldn't explain it. Of course I had multiple court summons and hospital bills. That got my family in a tough spot. So in reality, you could say the reason I'm here was because I punched a guy who deserved it.

Sasha: Who were they?

Nate: I may be allowing myself to open up to you, but I still hate you. Im not telling you. All you need to know is he deserved it.

Sasha looked disappointed with herself.

Sasha: How did you get used to living in LA? To living with the change?

Nate: Simple. I never did.

He got up and wiped his tears off. He looked at Sasha and squatted down next to her head.

Nate: One Day, I may begin to stop hating you. But for now, just think of me as your living sins.

Nate walked away into a gate of fire. He felt better for his conversation. Even better for hating Sasha a little bit less. He would fight her again, no doubt. Hopefully, he'd never kill her