10: promise me this

Start from the beginning

"And why then?" Steve continued, "Just pops out in the fifties, kills one family, and he's like 'I'm good' and poof, he just disappears, just... gone? Only to return almost thirty years later and he's just killing random teens? No way, i don't buy it. Straightforward my ass." Steve rants, sliding off the couch and beside his sister, pulling her in a half hug, noticing her picking at her nails, an obvious tell she is nervous. "Honestly, Henderson a little humility now and then, it wouldn't hurt you."

"Sorry," he said, looking more at Alex rather than Steve, knowing that he had been completely unsympathetic over the past couple days. Her eyes were glued on Max, an unreadable expression on her face.

"Any idea what she's writing," Dustin asks them all, looking at the girl hunched over the desk. They all looked from the girl to back to Dustin, then they followed his glance to Alex, "Did she sleep?"

"Would you?" Alex asked in a weak voice, having not slept much out of concern either.

They were about to ask another question but instead there was a bang, followed by the door swinging open and then Nancy and Robin running down the stairs in a frenzied panic.

They came to a stop in front of the majority of the group, Robin almost fell into Nancy in the process, making the older wheeler go a slight shade of pink. "We have a plan," she breathed, passing Steve a leather booklet.

Alex leant over Steve's shoulder to look, new identities.

"Thanks to Nancy's minions, we are now rock-star psychology students at the university of Notre Dame," Robin tells them, with a little smile.

"I'm now Ruth," Nancy says, in a fake introduction.

"And I'm now Rose," Robin introduced, with a small jazz hands.

Alex didn't care for their plan too much, she had this overbearing feeling that something will go wrong anyway. Instead she walked over to Max in the far end of the basement. She looked over Max's shoulder, following her hand as she scrawled quick letters. Max froze for a split second as Alex came over, she was on her Final letter this one in particular for Will.

Alex scanned the desk and landed on Max's walkman, looking at what tape she had in, wondering if it was a better listen than her own. She picked it up and popped the tape out.

"Kate Bush, interesting choice," she mused, making Max look up with a confused look.

Max was more than surprised that the girl was talking to her, Alex had a habit of avoiding the group (minus Mike) and Max in particular. She nodded, folding up the letter and slipping it into an envelope.

"Hound of love," Alex continues, now sat on the desk not even caring that Max didn't care too much for the conversation, she just wanted to distract the girl from her impending death.

"It's a good album," Max responds, now looking at the girl with dyed hair. She looked down to the girls own Walkman, strapped to her pants, "What about you, what secrets does your music hold?" she mocked.

Alex passed Max her walkman back, popping open her own walkman to show her, "Rumours by Fleetwood Mac, it's going to become legendary i know it," She said, closing the box as Max smiled.

Alex noticed that it looked forced and while Max looked happy, her eyes had no emotion and her eyes were glazed over. "Are... are you alright?" Alex asked, shuffling a little closer to the girl.