34 - 𝙱𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚅𝚘𝚠

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Cute.

"You shouldn't get into a fight with your cousins," I lectured vaguely despite knowing children in clans usually had this problem. Mine was no exception. Look at what that good Toshiro did.

"But they keep saying girls can't and shouldn't do this and that. It's annoying," Maki grumbled.

"I think I know someone who's exactly like that," I winked at her. "They suck."

Take the idiot Naoya and that damned Toshiro as Exhibit A.

"Yeah," she pouted, sitting up and resting her chin on her knees. "Onee-san. Can you teach me the moves you did last time? You said you weren't using curse energy."

I raised her a questioning brow. "Are you training to be jujutsu sorcerer?"

Maki shook her head, her gaze fixated on the grass. "I can't see curses so it's no use."

The soft breeze teased the silence between us. Initially, I thought I heard wrong, but asking her to repeat it sounded disrespectful, so I kept my words in and thought deeply.

Maki seemed mature and tactical for kids her age. Maybe even more than me back then. And yet, she had no sense for cursed energy.

While there were gifted sorcerers like those special grades, there were also those with heavenly restrictions. The main example was Zenin Toji, the man who killed Amanai and Kuroi.

The girl bowed at me rather stiffly, but her face was hardened with determination. "Please, teach me."

Mentoring a young kid was not in my plans at all, but the look in her eyes reminded me of how Nanami used to plead with me for help. So he could protect people important to him, especially Haibara.

Maybe the basics would do, only enough so she could defend herself...

I patted her head and smiled. "Alright, but promise you won't use whatever I teach you for anything bad?"

"I promise, sensei!"

"I am not your sensei."

"Onee-san, then!"

"You're so enthusiastic, huh?"

"I admire you, (F/n)-nee-san," Maki grinned toothily.

Cute little troublemaker.

I stood up, lending a hand to help her. The skies seemed to have brightened already which was favorable for a first day of class with little Maki.

The girl reminded me of Toge, another feisty small bean. "Alright, the first thing you need to know is..."

──❍──

"I can... I can still go on," the drowsy child mumbled as her head dropped to my lap. "So I can help Mai. I don't want her to be scared of curses anymore."

Eh?

"So Mai-chan sees curses?"

Maki forced her sleepy eyes to open. She nodded, her stare turning blank again before letting out another yawn. "She's afraid of them so I want to protect her."

"You're a good sister, Maki-chan," I stated while caressing her head. "Keep watching over her, okay?"

"Hai," she softly whispered. "I'm sleepy, Onee-san. I think I have to go home now."

"Can you go by yourself? I'll come with you if you want."

She sat up, rubbing her eyes. "It's fine. They might get mad at me for inconveniencing others. When will I see you again, onee-san?"