"Breakfast is ready...I cleaned the dishes from last night so all you have to focus on today is the dishes and utensils being used today for breakfast. It's been a while since you've returned to work."

I sighed, "I think I know what I regret, Thoma."

Thoma tilted his head to the side in curiosity, "What is it?"

"I regret forgetting everything. I wish I could remember how we knew each other because right now it feels like we're too far apart..."

"Maybe you have to make new memories with him. I believe Master Ayato has some time in between his schedule to chat with you, maybe reading a story or telling jokes will bring the two of you together more."

I frowned.

"It feels so unfair to play with his feelings while he waits for me to fall more in love with him! There has to be something else I can do!" I stood upright and tossed my blankets to the side.

"That's the spirit!" Thoma beamed but I could tell his shoulders shrunk a little at my interest in Ayato, I wondered what was hurting him so bad.

❛ ╯˚✧ . ˚ ⚘₊

After I'd finished my breakfast and cleaned the dishes I decided to make time to sit with Ayato and play a game, I'd planned to play an easy round of chess.

I meddled with my fingers, half-nervous behind the table with the chess board set up in front of me.

"Where is Ayato...?" I muttered. I didn't want to imagine that he'd forgotten about me so I just assumed he had more important Comissionner troubles he couldn't get through with.

So I sat and waited patiently.

After about an hour or so, I started to get hungry again, my head was already full of boredom to the point I'd started counting the boards on the floors.

Then I scrambled the chess pieces and replaced them with each other again.

Tired of waiting, I played at least three games of single-player chess, swapping between white and black to find the best possible moves to counter the opposite color even though it was just me.

"Once upon a time..." I hummed to myself now and then.

Hunger started to eat out the inside of my stomach around the middle of the afternoon so I ate the rest of the snacks I'd brought for the two of us.

I played with the crackers and stared at the cracked ceiling, counting out the beams over and over again.

There are 16 ceiling beams, and at least 456 floorboards...

I wasn't tired that night so I hardly fell asleep while waiting for him, but I got bored and kicked the pieces over.

I was too lazy to pick them up again this time.

Sometime around midnight I picked up drinks from the kitchen and decided to bulldoze through a few assuming he would never get here.

Eventually, I just wiped my mouth and yelled at the wall.

"Why is he so mean to me...waah..." I sobbed then threw my fist into the floor, "If I'm a god I should at least get respect! This was my chance! Does he hate me now...? Waah~"

A door clicked open somewhere but I was too busy crying beside the wall to notice.

"There's no hope for me... I'm so lame! Maybe that's why he doesn't want to talk to me... Why was I so pretty in my past life *hic*..."

"Y/n? You're still here...? I thought you would've left alre-"

"YOU!! IT'S YOU!! NO, NO..." I pointed a finger at him and clenched my teeth, "YOU'RE SO MEAN! MEAN MEAN MEAN! WHY DID YOU TELL ME YOU WOULD COME, BUT YOU DIDN'T WAAH!"

"Y/n, you have to understand I-" He kneeled close to me and noticed the bottle inside of my hand and the red of my cheeks.

"YOU! YOU YOU YOU!! I AM GOING TO SEDUCE YOU!!" I shouted and pushed him against the wall.

He smiled, "Are you trying to force yourself to fall in love with me faster?"

"N-NO!! I just..." My voice suddenly became smaller, "why do you hate me?!" Tears spurred down my cheeks.

"Y/n...don't cry-"

"Why, you made me cry I'm sad now!!" I stomped my foot.

"Y/n, how are you so drunk..." Ayato watched my shoulders steadily slow.

"I'm tired...now make me fall in love with you-" My heels twisted and I fell backward, Ayato caught my arms before my head could touch the floor and pulled my face close to his. His lips were slowly inching toward mine.

I felt a rush of nausea flood into my mouth as I turned my head to his shoulder and barfed down his back.

❛ ╯˚✧ . ˚ ⚘₊

I woke up again on the couch with a sour taste in my mouth, I thought for a second that I'd tasted something unique last night before I realized it was liquor.

"Huh?! Did I pass out?! Sorry, Thoma I-"

"Thoma?" Ayato seemed almost envious that Thoma was the first name to come out of my mouth that morning.

"M-Master Ayato...Did I disturb you? I'm sorry it's usually Thoma who I wake up to..."

"Y/n, if you want to fall in love with me, you should think about me every morning and no one else."

I was stunned by his words, in all his elegance he hadn't even hesitated before saying that.

"Um...okay?" I said something to him while I was drunk, didn't I?

"Not even a thank you for last night..." he muttered.

I sat up straight, "Did I do something...last night?!?" I cupped a hand over my mouth in fear that I might've ended up kissing him or something wild.

"Other than the projectile force of ingested crackers being coughed out onto my back and the fact you almost twisted your ankle, I think you have a lot to say..." He tilted his head downwards and looked up at me through narrowed eyes.

"Y-You-!" My face flooded with redness and I covered it with my hands, "Sorry...!!"

He smiled and huffed, his hands carefully peeled my palms from over my eyes and gently touched my neck, "You aren't allowed to be drunk in front of anyone else except for me, okay?"

"H-Huh?! Did I do...anything else?"

He looked at me pitifully, "No, but voicing your feelings to just anyone who doesn't have concern for you could be bad, and I don't want that to happen to you."

He patted my head.

"I'll make it up to you!"

❛ ╯˚✧ . ˚ ⚘₊