neil, master of all chaos~

Start from the beginning

"I don't know, maybe" Todd whispers, blue eyes unsure of how to respond after Neil's outburst. 

"Look, I-" the brunette begins unsteadily, heart aching. "I'm sorry. About yelling at you, I just - I want to pretend. For a little while, that my life is perfect and I can be whoever I want." he leans against the wall and reaches a hand out to Todd, toying with a bit of his hair. "With whoever I want." The blonde gulps and nods, silently thanking Neil for his apology. The conversation drifted to Todd's involvement with the Dead Poets Society, because by this point Neil considered Todd's involvement about as stirred up as a cesspool. 

"I can take care of myself just fine." he said fiercely, defending himself. Neil thought it was positively precious, the way his blue eyes went from soft to steely in a matter of a few words. 

"No." he replies, enjoying the banter. 

"What do you mean, 'no'?" Todd retorts, demanding an answer as opposed to asking. Neil smiles and shakes his head before smiling mischievously. 

"No." Quickly, he bends down and kisses Todd on his cheek. The boy gasped, face turning a heat which was almost unbearable, shocked even further when Neil takes the opportunity to snatch the notebook containing Todd's poem and run across the room. 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

(y/n), feet aching in the most delicious way after the dancing walked side by side with Meeks, although Pitts had made an excuse to stay in their room with some studying to do. 

The other Welton boys bustled about the hallway in the elder student's dormitories, a few taking a moment to pause and stare after (y/n), who had chosen the group of "weirdos" instead of any of them.

"So, what is your favorite kind of music then, Steven?" she asked, stealing the beanie off his head and placing it on her own. He chuckled and adjusted it for her so it sat more properly on her head, completely changing her looks. It was undoubtedly true that Meeks would never wear his hat again; it now belonged to her. His burrows furrowed gently as he thought. 

"I like music you can dance to. Not the quiet, slow dancing type like my parents," he rambled "things that would wake up the neighborhood, even get kicked out of the library." (y/n) fake gasped, placing a hand on her forehead as if swooning. 

"You never fail to amaze me, you nerdy little rebel." The now-hatless boy beamed and shrugged his shoulders. 

"What can I say, Latin is not my only talent." the girl threw her head back and laughed heartily before speaking again. 

"Evidently not!"

  Sounds of laughter and tomfoolery echoed down the hall, coming in the direction of Neil and Todd's room. The two shared a glance before shrugging and smiling as they walk faster towards the noises. Students had gathered in the doorway, but (y/n) pushed her way through. 

"Excuse me, best friend coming through! Move it, ooh nice jumper!" Her words varied from person to person as the duo struggled their way through the crowd. Inside, the room was complete and utter chaos, in its rawest form. 

Charlie was brilliantly playing the bongos in tune to the jumping and yelling, while another boy (y/n) had never met played a small recorder at a fast pace, like a sort of jig. 

Meeks and Cameron were desperately trying to retrieve their stolen property - books and homework, by the looks of it - while Neil read a paragraph of prose, which (y/n) found quite lovely, but only when she could understand him. She'd noticed, by now, that Neil tended to get overexcited and make, well, interesting noises to express himself. 

And Todd? Her dear Todd was the poet whose work was being read by the tall brunette, and he certainly looked happy about it - although she guessed it was because Neil looked so happy. (y/n) had not failed to notice in her friend that his emotions very much influenced Todd's, and there was something more between them than meets the eye. 

"What on Earth?" (y/n) breathed, so unable to believe that this kind of joy could exist within Welton, when each of these homework to last them decades, that must be completed by the next day. 

"Sometimes," Meeks says "I don't even want to ask." And still, he smiled fondly at the group. (y/n) moved further into the room and wolf-whistled at her best friends, earning more whoops and hollers; even Meeks joined in. 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

While his friends were doing, whatever it was they were doing, Knox was innocently riding his bicycle by the gate, looking like he stepped right out of a Ralph Lauren catalogue; all knit cardigan and dressy trousers. When he was sure that no faculty were going to witness him sneak away to the nearby town, he quickly rode out of the same gates (y/n) and Mr. Keating took to escape to the bookstore, and on towards freedom - if only for a few hours. 

And in those few hours, he would see Chris. He could feel it, she was a cheerleader and there was a football game, which meant the cheerleading outfits and boys acting like complete brutes. Knox loathed the football boys; they always seemed to get the girls. 

But not this time.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

a/n:  alright, i had to focus on anderperry for this chapter. because we love them and i havent really seen many fanfics where they are actually a thing, so ta-daaaa! little bit of meeks and (y/n) action, and then some filler at the end because if i tried to include the bits about knox going to see chris, this chapter would be wayyy too long. so yeah! 

<3