05. on the cusp of fruition.

Things were starting to get real now.

The boys were selling out more and more shows along the city of Los Angeles and it's surrounding areas, and we're getting more popular by the day.

As a reminder of the life Chrissy was beginning to lead, her full-length mirror screwed into her bedroom door had a polaroid taped to it that Vince had snapped just a few days back.

It was taken in some random bar on the Sunset Strip, and it showed Tommy posing next to a poster of a hotdog, with his crotch lined up perfectly with the delicacy.

It was the most Tommy thing that she'd ever seen.

The band had come to an agreement that during shows, Chrissy would remain backstage, in order to prevent a repeat of the previous time.

The Rainbow was at it's peak at this time of night. The bar was bustling and the booths were filled with various rockstar wannabes with hair teased to the heavens along with their leather-clad girlfriends who reeked of hairspray and cheap booze.

Earlier that night, when Lovey had went to use the bathroom, she swung the door open, only to find Vince fucking some random girl on the sink.

She began to slap him, and she ran off in a heap, taking his $800 white leather pants with her, forcing Vince to walk through the bar ass-naked.

Vince had to run down the street and back to the house to get a whole new pair of pants.

Chrissy now sat at one of the booths in between Tommy and Mick. She took slow sips from her Jack and Coke as Tommy told a story about a girl that he had recently had relations with.

"She comes over, I look at her, I look at her friend and I'm like 'Do you wanna join?' She's like, 'I got a boyfriend.'"

The conversation faded into nothingness as a geeky looking guy with a striped shirt approached their table.

"Hey guys. I'm Tom Zutaut. I work for Elektra Records." he said while offering his business card.

"I'd love to opportunity to talk with you if you have a second."

"Sit. Do it." Tommy commanded in a cartoonish voice while a cigarette dangled from his lips.

He sat down and began to make a spiel about what he could do for the band, until the moment he jumped up, and noticed a girl peeking her head out from under the table as the rest of them erupted in laughter.

"Not for you?" the woman asked in an overly sexy tone.

He politely declined and sat down, going back to the conversation.

"So, what do you guys say? Do you want a record deal?"

After a short pause, Nikki grabbed Tommy's head and slammed it against the table several times, once again making the whole table laugh.

That was something Chrissy deeply admired about Tommy. How easily he could make a whole bunch of people smile. How he could make a life changing conversation seem less nerve wracking in the blink of an eye.

"Is that a yes?" Tom asked.

"I don't know if we can trust a dude who turns down a free blowjob." Vince opposed, the whole table agreeing.

At the end of it all, the boys had agreed and Mötley Crüe were officially signed to Elektra Records.

——————————————————————

A few nights later, Chrissy found herself at another house party hosted by the boys. She took a sip from her Budweiser, watching as Tommy snorted a line of coke off of a drum cymbal.