4. ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴇʟsᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ɪ ᴅᴏ?

Start from the beginning

🌸

Two kids looked up at the new door on the second floor in awe, and tried to climb the stairs, but Casita changed the stairs into a slide, and both of the kids landed back on the ground safely, giggling to themselves.

🌸

Antonio climbed down the stairs on the other side of Casita, holding Mirabel's hand.

Pepa, Felix, Dolores and Camilo, who were standing near the curtains (which hid this side of the house from others), sighed in relief when they saw Antonio.

Felix laughed, "There you are."

Mirabel let Antonio's hand go, and the 5 year old walked towards his family nervously.

Pepa smiled down at her youngest child with tear-filled eyes, "Look at you! All grown up. " She cooed proudly, and a cloud started swirling above her head.

But before the rain could start, Felix came forward, shooing the cloud away, "Pepi, amor, you're gonna get him all wet." and pulled his wife back.

Camilo changed himself into a miniature version of Felix. He cupped his little brother's face, looking down at him proudly, and started to imitate his father, "You are making your papa proud."

"I don't sound like that." Felix frowned.

" I don't sound like that." Camilo repeated.

Suddenly, Dolores perked up, listening to something, then shared, "Abuela says it's time."

Pepa gave her son a reassuring smile and promised, "We'll be waiting at your door."

"Okay, okay. Vamo, vamo, vamo." Felix ushered Dolores and Pepa to the other side of the curtain.

Camilo, who was still mimicking his father, repeated, "Okay, okay. Vamo, vamo, vamo."

Annoyed, Felix picked up his eldest son and carried him to the other side.

"Alright, I'm done!" Camilo grumbled, defeated in his normal voice, and let himself get carried away.

🌸

A soft drumming beats echoed.

Everyone looked up at Alma, who was standing in the middle of the new staircase with the enchanted candle in her hand.

Mirabel and Y/n (who had joined her after she parted her ways from Ian) stood at the back near the curtains, the same place where Bruno and Y/n had stood at Mirabel's gift ceremony all those years ago.

Y/n waved at her parents, who were standing behind the rest of the Madrigal family. Her parents had asked her to stand with them, but like the last time, she had refused and decided to stand here to support her friend.

Alma took a deep breath, and started her speech,  "Fifty years ago, in our darkest moment, this candle blessed us with a miracle. And the greatest honour of our family has been to use our blessings to serve this beloved community."

"Tonight, we come together once more as another steps into the light to make us proud."

Mirabel's face fell. 'Which I failed.' She thought, and looked down at the floor.

Feeling Mirabel tense up, Y/n leaned her head on her friend's shoulder, wrapping her hands around Mirabel's left hand. Just like she always used to do when they were kids, when one of them was feeling sad.

The drum beats echoed again.

Finally, the curtains were pulled away, revealing a nervous Antonio standing in the middle.