10| 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐓𝐎𝐔𝐂𝐇

Start from the beginning

"Stevie's here, Ressie." He cradled her body back and forth just like Eddie did minutes ago. "You're not alone now."

Eddie's eyebrows contorted with anger, him having been with her from the moment of her death, but he didn't have enough energy to call out Steve. The only thing on his mind was the fact that he had just got his life back together.

And it crumbled within the snap of his fingers.

✰*ੈ✩➶༄✰

Cerise's stomach was churning repetitively in her body, sprinting away into the deep replicating world of Hawkins, Indiana. Falling debris was crashing into the bloodied grounds of The Upside Down, knocking Cerise off of her feet several times.

This was not the first time Cerise has seen this place, in fact, it was as if she recognized the entire map of the dimension.

Vecna was not following far behind the girl, his long viscid claws were threatening to reach her curly locks and his vines were trailing near her waist. Luckily for her, her daily jogs seemed to pay up for situations like this.

Cerise was about to reach over a brick fence, until she felt the viscous slime of tentacles tightly slither up her body, ripping her off of her feet. She screamed in fear, desperately attempting to grasp anything on the floor to prevent her from getting closer to the monster. Dirt rose up to her fingernails, and her cheeks were dusted with cuts and bruises.

The monster wrapped the girl onto the tall pillar, a vine choking the girl, restraining her from catching any air. Cerise's arms were wrapped behind herself, her vulnerable skin exposed to him.

"Cerise—your time has finally come. To join me by my side." The monster's eyes were piercing into her mahogany ones, not blinking for a second. Cerise's stoic expression did not once falter as she stared deeply into his eyes.

"Well, I just found out I have a boyfriend, so I think I'm good. Thanks for the offer though," Cerise snarked, earning a scowl from the monster. Vecna sauntered closer to Cerise, their faces inches apart and he tilted his head slightly, while Cerise kept up her tough composure.

However, despite Cerise seeing this harrowing monster several times in the past and when she looked straight into his glistening cerulean eyes, something sparked inside her eyes. A sense of warmth and familiarity resonated in her body and her eyes softened.

"Henry Creel?"

Nothing. Absolute silence. The only sounds were the debris falling and the splashes of bloodied rain trickling against the puddles in the ground. Vecna was appalled at the name he hadn't used in decades and he gasped ever so slightly at his biological name. He stumbled backward, arms falling to his sides as he lost his mind in distressing thoughts. He looked back up to Cerise to see that she held a blank expression, making it harder for him to read her even with his powers.

"How do you know that name?" Vecna sneered, charging once again at the Harrington girl. Their faces were once again inches away from each other and this time, Cerise acquired the confidence to move her face closer to his.

"I just do. I don't know why, but I just knew," Cerise remarked, even shocking herself. It was like her mind was throwing scrambling names into her head, but once she developed what seemed to sound right to her, she blurted out the name.

The now seemingly terrifying monster stared off into nowhere for several seconds before adverting his eyes on Cerise. He closed his eyes calmly, grumbling deeply.

What happened next shocked Cerise, her mind clouding with incoherent emotions. The blonde man Cerise has seen many times in her world, was now standing in front of her. The vines wrapped around her body evaporated and she gracelessly fell onto the ground.