I start copying things down, filling in blanks and definition.

Suddenly I feel a light tap as something bounces off my head and lands on my desk. It's a scrunched up piece of paper. I unfold it.

What's your name? is written in neat printing.

Dylan, I write.

I look up to try and see who sent it. A boy sitting a few desks up in the other row turns around and makes eye contact, smiling.

I glance at the teacher, then launch the paper his way.

I quickly scramble to copy down the rest of the note as I wait for the next ball of paper. It comes, landing on the ground beneath my desk.

I slowly slump down in my chair until my hand reaches the floor. I feel around and find the paper.

I'm Blane. Let's be friends =), I read.

I laugh to myself under my breath. Um... k?

I send it flying back towards him.

It skims off a girls head before landing on his desk. She turns around and looks confused.

"Sorry" I mouth.

She rolls her eyes and turns the other way.

After a while another paper ball lands at my feet. This Blane guy has bad aim.

I pick it up and read it.

Let's go get high in the parking lot, is written accompanied by an obscene drawing of genitalia.

My eyebrows furrow... What the hell? I'm not sure weather to laugh or be a little creeped out.

... No thank you. I write in response.

I hurl the paper towards him. Damn, I missed. It hits the ground a few feet away.

"Mr. Calder!" The teacher's angry voice snaps.

I look up as he reaches down and picks up the paper.

Shit.

I close my eyes and lean my head back anticipating what will come next.

"Passing notes on the first day?" He questions.

Crap, this was not the impression I wanted to make. I open my eyes as he unfolds the note. I watch his expression as he reads it.

No, No, No.

"Mr. Calder please meet me after class to discus this." He bellows. I cant almost see the steam pouring out of his ears as he tries to contain himself.

"Blane was the one who wrote the.." I trail off, pointing to the kid who sent me that stupid thing.

He doesn't even move when I say his name. He just stares at the board, still taking notes.

"What! no I didn't!" A boy on the other side of the class objects.

...What the? 

"Very well, I will see both of you boys after class." Mr. Peterson says calmly.

He puts the slip of paper into his pocket and continues the lesson.

I glare at the guy who had been sending me those paper balls. After a while he finally turns his head to look at me. A malicious smile slides across his face.

I shoot daggers at him until he looks away.

Damn it, he would pay for that.

The bell rang and the class quickly excited the room, leaving me and the real Blane.