Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Meeting the Neko's.

"Make sure you keep your hat on always and tie it tight so the wind can't blow it off. Brush your teeth every day and make sure you take a clean boxer every day. When something is wrong, call me I come and get you right away and take you to the doctors." The mother says worriedly against her son, and the boy wishes she would just go and hoped that his grandfather was the one bringing him.

But sadly, his grandfather had a meeting with one of his friends in Tokyo, he could not make it back on time to see his grandson going to take his first step towards adulthood because he moves into the Neko school population. But they said goodbye the day before and the kid promised to keep him updated and could not wait until the first year was over and he has his first holiday, since the school is too far away to travel each holiday, he will stay at campus and only return home during Christmas and summer vacation.

He was so happy when his grandfather had special friends visiting one day. Ever since he sneezed last year his classmates bullied him since they believed he is a true Neko, it went from pulling his tail to plucking his hat off and trying to pull his ears also. The poor boy eventually refused to go to school, and his grandfather home-schooled him until he had met a man and his wife who also had cat ears and a tail.

He talked with them about his grandson and his condition, the two thought the kid was a Neko but were not sure since he made 'the' sneeze this late of age, they offered to see if he indeed was a Neko-child and grandpa invited them over for dinner to meet his grandson. They saw he indeed was a Neko child and offered him a spot on their campus as soon as summer holiday was over.

His grandfather and he said yes without a single thought making his mother's objections fly away. His mother did not want him in a dorm, claiming her son only ate when he knew what was prepared in the food, so the headmaster promised he would be placed inside the Hikari-Home as each house has a name and three bedrooms to share. His mother was not happy with him room with other kids due to negative influence but relented when King said it was the Hikari-home where he and his housemates could cook decent meals, or a dorm and not able to cook, and needing to go to the cafeteria.

As soon as the kid walked into the house, he was stunned with how warm, sunny, and inviting this place is, back home, he enjoys the sun immensely and often is found dozing with the sun burning his cheeks. After claiming the C room as his, he and his mother make sure it looks nice... errr, slight correction here, his mother orders him into where everything needs to be, and he does as she says being the obedient kid he is. He fixes his room to his liking as soon as she is.

The goodbye is painful for the kid mostly because she is smothering him like she always does, so when she finally drives off making the promise, she will pick him up as soon as the first year is over, the kid turns and wants to walk back when he feels a presence watching over him, it makes him nervous since he has only a few basics when it comes to defending himself so he can only hope it will be enough to protect him when necessary.

"Hey kid, are you lost!" he hears a voice behind him says a bit harshly but still enough to make him shudder in delight, so the kid does the only thing he always does when feeling threatened and acts since he changed. He turns on his heel, hissing through his teeth and showing his nails as if he wants to say he means business and don't mess with me.

The kid who called him holds up his hands in a defensive matter. "Sorry, I never saw you before here on campus, please calm down and relax your tail, if you keep doing this you only hurt your ears with that thing on your head. Your nervousness, fear and anger are smelled miles away from here." He says with a gentle smile making the kid take a deep breath and relax but not too much. In his eye corner he sees the black and purple with blond tip of his own tail, as thick as this he never saw it before.