Chapter 28- Finding A Ring for Her

Start from the beginning

Mama- You weren't saying that last night.

We all laughed again except for princess. Mama Fenty left the kitchen and we all continued eating. I really wanna find princess a ring here. I want it to be special because its from me and her home land. When we were done eating princess said she'd wash the dishes, I used this time to pull Rorey to the side.

Rorey- What is it nick?

Nicki- I wanna buy princess an engagement ring.

Rorey- Well imma just take a swing at it and assume that princess is Robyn.

Nicki- Yes Robyn. I wanna buy her a ring.

Robyn- I thought you guys were already engaged.

Nicki- We are but I wanna buy her a ring, she's paying for everything involving me and the wedding and I want to get her a ring at least.

Rorey- OK what do you need me to do.

Nicki- I need you to keep her busy. Just for a couples hours so she won't be worried about me.

Rorey- OK I can do that.

Nicki- Thank you.

I hug him and he hugs back crushingly.

Nicki- OK Rorey, that hurts.

Rorey- Sorry. When do you want me to do this?

Nicki- After we come down from getting ready. She's gonna wanna show me around and I need you to make something up to get her to leave without me.

Rorey- You got it.

He runs off in the other direction. Princess comes around the corner from the kitchen.

Rih- Hey kitten what you doing?

Nicki- Nothing, just waiting for you.

She puts her arm through mine.

Rih- Well let's go get ready. I wanna show you around my island.

Nicki- Can't wait.

We go up stairs to the room and get in the shower. When we were finished we got out and got dressed. We headed back down stairs and I was checking all the halls and rooms for Rorey but I didn't see him and by that time we were by the front door.

Rih- Come on kitten, I can't wa-

Rorey- Robyn! Robyn!

Rih- What Rorey!

Thank God.

Rorey- I need your help.

Rih- What is it?

Rorey- Rajad needs a........a ah.......

Rih-  A what Rorey?

Rorey- A shell! A big shell!

Rih-...........A shell.

Rorey- Yeah. For his school. Its a project and I promised I'd get it for him but forgot and I need help.

Rih- Can we just look for it when I get back.

Rorey- Come on Robyn. If Rajad doesn't get it he's gonna lose his head. Especially if he finds out his big sister wouldn't help him. Break his heart.

It toke everything in me not to laugh. This thing he was making up was hilarious and dead on. Princess was pissed thought but I knew if it was something concerning Rajad she would drop everything and go.

Rih- ................. Damn it, fine.

She turns around to me.

Rih- Kitten I'm sorry, we're gonna have to take a rain check.