Cracks in the Seal

Start from the beginning

Do I want to continue my mortal life as a consultant? As Zhongli? Or should I return to my life as an Archon, as Morax? Who do I want to be?

I think I know my answer to his question, but right now isn't the time to give it to him. I have another contract to fulfil.

________________________________________________________________________________

POV: Lumine

We did it, we actually defeated an ancient god! Looking around I saw that no one seemed to share my enthusiasm so I decided to celebrate later, with only Paimon. Maybe they aren't celebrating because of the lingering tension? I guess I can understand them.

Ningguang and Keqing refuse to leave the harbour in the hands of the adepti, being who've lost contact to the newer and advaced Liyue Harbour, meanwhile the adepti refuse to leave the harbour in the hands of beings much weaker then them. Why can't they just continue like they did before?

Madame Ping however seemed to have a great influence in this conversation, Ganyu as well, of course this was to be expected from adepti that never left Liyue Harbour behind them.

Madame Ping: "My dear, the three of you have become quite arrogant since you left the Harbour! From the long life I've spend amongst these morrtals I can tell you one thing for certain. The way you act right now will lead to them listening to you out of fear, not respect. Take Cloud Retainer as an example, who wouldn't fear a leader that threatens to destroy the harbour because of something outside of their controll." It seems Ping is just scolding the three adepti, I hope they decide to back off. I don't want to fight more people today.

Cloud Retainer: "One cannot allow mortals to rule Liyue Harbour alone! We simply intend to follow our contracts to-" Oh no she's angry now

Xiao: "That's enough." Wait Xiao? I thought he left already!

Cloud Retainer: "Conquerer of Demons what is the meaning of this disturbance of one's opinion." Why can't she just talk like everyone else.

Xiao: "I've met the mortals of today's Liyue, its Vision bearers as well. You've misjudged Liyue's developement by quite a large margin. They need no protection anymore. Surely you remember the mortal that appeared briefly during the battle on the Jade Chamber." Is he talking about Y/n? Oh right I still need to talk to him.

Cloud Retainer: "One rememers, Y/n announced the Fatui's plans. They reported an attack on the Harbour and destroyed the portals, allowing us to focus on Osial." Why does everyone know Y/n? Is he an adeptus as well?

Xiao: "Yes, not only did the citizen of Liyue help us but they also defeated the Fatui and kept damage to the harbour to a minimum. The last time we fought a god head on we had to relocate the citizen to this very harbour so I say we are no longer needed here." I would've never guessed this outcome. Xiao defending mortals on his own accord?

Cloud Retainer: "Very well if the Conquerer of Demons agrees then one shall not object." And just like that the three adepti left to return to Jueyun Karst.

Madame Ping: "Thank you Xiao, without your unexpected help it would've taken me hours to convice the three to return to their home. Now as for you my dear Traveler, a little birdie told me that a situation has arisen at the Northland Bank, one you shouldn't miss." The Northland Bank? Isn't that the Fatui 'hideout'?

Lumine: "I see, thank you for telling me, we'll be going immediately! Let's go Paimon!"

While making our way over to the bank I discussed possibel events that could've happened there.