𝙸'𝚖 𝙽𝚘𝚝 𝙰𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝙰𝚗𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

Start from the beginning

"So..." She trailed off. "What was all that about?" She asked the question she had been dying to know since she arrived. She started to rock slightly back and forth on her heals of her feet as she awaited an answer.

"I'll explain it when we get inside, come on. My Ya-Ya and mom are home so you can meet them." Miguel dismissed what had just happened as he put a smile on his face and grabbed the girls hand to show her to his apartment.

Tessa smiled down at their contacted hands before looking back up at Miguel as they walked. "Okay." She responded lightheartedly. He looked calm on the outside but on the inside he was freaking out, not believing that he had actually grabbed a girls hand.

They paused as they got to his apartment door, Miguel dropping her hand as he fished in his back pocket for his key. He stopped as he awkwardly pulled his hand out of his pocket and turned towards Tessa.

"I forgot, it's unlocked." He spoke as he awkwardly smiled, turning back to the door and opening it up. Tessa laughed at his comment and followed him inside the apartment.

Upon their arrival, two heads had shot up. One was a women who was cooking, the other was an older women who was reading a book on the couch.

"Miggy, your home. Who's your friend?" The women, assuming it was his mother, asked.

"Uh, Mom, Ya-Ya, this is my friend Tessa, Tessa this is my mom and Ya-Ya." Miguel introduced while Miguel's grandmother paused her reading and walked over towards Miguel's mother.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you Mrs.—" The mother cut Tessa off as she shook her head.

"Please call me Carmen." Carmen told the girl, Tessa smiling at her.

"Alright, it's nice to meet you Carmen. Its also very nice to meet you as well." Tessa spoke with a smile while looking at Miguels grandmother.

"llámame Rosa." [Call me Rosa] Miguels grandmother spoke, silently testing her to see if she was good enough for her grandson.

"Es un placer conocerte, Rosa." [It is a pleasure to meet you, Rosa] Tessa extended her hand for Rosa to shake. As Rosa took Tessa hand, Carmen quickly took this as a time to look over at Miguel with a knowing smirk. Miguel immediately looked down at the floor as he blushed.

"Okay. Tessa and I are going to go hang out in my room. Yell if you need anything." Miguel rushed out his sentence as he did not want his mother to embarrass him. Tessa smiled at the two she had just met before following Miguel towards his room.

"Keep the door open three inches!" Carmen called after them as Miguel pinched his face up in embarrassment.

"It's not like that." Miguel replied as he walked into his room. Tessa smiled more after hearing Rosa tell Carmen that she was proud of Miguel for finally bringing a girl home and she knew Spanish. 

They sat down on his bed, looking at each other awkwardly, neither knowing what to do.

"So, what do you want to do?" She asked Miguel after minutes of silence.

"We could watch some movies. I mean if that's what you want to do if you don't that's totally okay, we can—" He started to ramble only to get cut off as Tessa chuckled slightly.

"No that's totally okay, we can watch some movies. What movies are you thinking?" He immediately smiled at her as she accepted his offer.

"Do you like horror movies?"

"Are you kidding? I love them."

"We could watch the new movie It. But only if you're up for it I heard it's pretty scary." He teased.

"No, I think the real question here is are you up for it because I don't want you getting too scared." She pointed her finger at him, the same tone he used with her.

"Oh, please I'm not afraid of anything."

˜"*°•.˜"*°• -----------------------------------•°*"˜.•°*"˜

"AHHHHHH." Miguel high pitch screams were heard throughout the apartment. A jump scare had just appeared on tv, the two were now laying down with their upper half of their body leaned up against Miguel's wall.

"What happened to 'I'm not afraid of anything'. Besides, I don't even know how your scared, this movie is more of a comedy movie than horror, and I'm living for it." Tessa laughed at the boy as she paused the movie to talk to him.

The door quickly opened as Carmen ran into the room with a worried expression.

"Miggy, what happened? I heard screaming." She frighteningly spoke.

"Oh, were just watching a scaring movie, Carmen." Tessa explained, trying to calm the women down.

"Miggy, you know how I feel about you watching those, I don't want you getting nightmares."

"Mámá." Miguel dragged out, wanting her to stop talking, immediately becoming embarrassed.

"It's okay Carmen, we'll turn it off and watch something else." Tessa smiled at her, trying not to laugh at Miguel. Carmen shut his door as Tessa turned to look at him. "So, since your getting to scared from this movie and your mom doesn't want you to watch it anymore because 'your going to get nightmares', what do you want to do?" She spoke in between laughs.

"Hey, it's not funny, everyone is afraid of something. There has to be something you're scared of." He nudged her shoulder as he talked.

"Oh, trust me there is, I'm just not telling you." She nudged him back in the arm, just like he did her.

"You're no fun, you know that." He told her with a smile.

"I am so much fun you're just lying to yourself." She spoke up. Tessa sat up, Miguel following shortly after as Tessa's eyes lit up. "You know what, I'm gonna call you Miggy now. It's a cute little nickname, plus I heard your mom say it."

"Oh god, please don't." He sunk his head low.

"Too late, Miggy."